Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zones Table Rate Shipping Module

How can I configure my cart to ONLY allow zone shipping based upon weight for one product type? (bulk food for instance)

I want products from a different product type (lightweight stuff like medicine) to be free shipping

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by reversegarbage View Post
    Hi there, I am trying to set up 3 different shipping zones:
    1. NSW,ACT
    2.QLD, VIC
    3. TAS,SA,NT,WA

There would be 3 different shipping prices for each zone:
    1. Less than 2kg=$8.50 2-5kg=$10.00 5-10kg=$12.50
    2. Less than 2kg=$10.00 2-5kg=$13.50 5-10kg=$20.00
    3. Less than 2kg=$11.50 2-5kg=$23.00 5-10kg=$35.00

There will also be a $5 handling fee for each order.
    Can anyone please help me thanks...Im sure theres an easy way but im probably confusing myself???

Hello reversegarbage,

did you solve the handling fee problem?
    I need handling fee for each zone too.

Thank you for any advice

Hi everyone,

If you want to add more zones after you have setup the shipping module, you have to do these (assuming you have created the new zones already).

1. backup the values you have create. easiest is to copy from the shipping module's summary and paste it in notepad.

2. Uninstall (remove) and reinstall the shipping module. New fields will be created for the new zones.

3. Reconfigure the shipping module with the backup data and enter new value for the new zones.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by josefs View Post
    Hello reversegarbage,

did you solve the handling fee problem?
    I need handling fee for each zone too.

Thank you for any advice
    I just installed this mod and it is fantastic. Have been losing money on sending parcels to WA but couldnt see how to make the Zones work within countries. This one made it easy. I dont have handling fees but I'm sure I saw a spot to add one at each zone within Zone Tables - ie. select the zone from the drop down box, type in the shipping fees and then just below I think is a small box to specify handling fee. I was looking at a much more complicated solution of installing the AustPost Improved mod but this one does just about all I need.

Havent checked all the likely shipping scenarios but the testing I did today seems like everything is working well.

Thanks
    Leah
    www.aussiesapphire.com.au

Plugin Contributions

I'm wondering if this will work for my scenario. I'm testing locally using WAMP on my PC.

I've set up these zones...

ZONE 1 = U.S. First Class - (US, all zones)
    ZONE 2 = U.S. Priority Mail - (US, all zones)
    ZONE 3 = U.S. Express Mail - (US, all zones)
    ZONE 4 = Canada - (All countries, all zones)
    ZONE 5 = International (All countries, all zones) I want this to be everywhere except U.S. and Canada.

I uninstalled the Zone Rates when I installed Zones Table Rate. Was this correct?

When I test with a U.S. address the only shipping option is Express Mail. Maybe I'm not using this mod properly. Maybe I need some other mod/addon/method? I'm pretty lost in the sea of shipping setup.

When I test an international address (Austrailia), I get a table that says, "Available Shipping Methods" and "Rates" but no methods or rates listed.

Seems to work when I test Canada but currently I only have First Class configured. I haven't attempted a Priority Mail method for Canada, not sure I want to try!

Am I misunderstanding this mod? Should I try something else? If so, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rebekah
    TheWindCutter.com
    Professional Microphone Windscreens
    Got wind noise? We've got you covered.

Plugin Contributions

I am new to this and have try your module, it is nice but seems it is not meet my needs. maybe someone can help

I need Province and City in zone table rate, because shipping cost will be calculated based on city and province of customer, can I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 0.00 Zonestable Rate Shipping Module

I have 1 zone for each state in Australia - but need two prices for each state. Registered Mail or Express Post so I simply copied the zonestable.php mod and renamed everything accordingly. (its works fine)

1. is priced for Express Post from: 0kg - 10kg
    2. is priced for Registered Post from: 10kg - 20kg

The problem is when a customer in NSW has cart content of say 15kg, basically only Registered Post should be displayed but both mods are showing and the Express Post mod is displaying $0.00 for postage amount and it allows the customer to select it and check-out with free post??

I dont want to post Express Items any heavier then 10 kilo, thats when registered mail kicks in and takes over - how do I disable the Express Post ( ztexpresspost.php copied and renamed from zonestable.php) mod when the order is over 10kg?

I have maximum shipping weight set to 20 kg in configuration, Free shipping is also disabled.

Express Post = 0.5:10,1:15,2:17,10:20
    Registered Post = 20:20

Express Post is supposed to stop showing or at least stop functioning if cart >10kg

And how do I get the Registered Post to only start displaying when the carts total weight exceeds >10kg?

Cheers Lee
    Last edited by maxidvd; 1 Dec 2008 at 11:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind I figured out a way.

In my Registered Post shipping mod I added a code snippet to only display if the cart is 10kg or more:

Find this code snippet in zonestable.php:
    // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONETABLE_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }
    And directly benief it add this:
    Code:

// Fishmad added: Enable only if cart contents are heavier than 10kg
                    if ($_SESSION['cart']->show_weight() >= 10) {
                    $this->enabled = true;
                    }
    In my Express Post shipping mod I added a code snippet to only display if the cart is less then 10kg:

Find this code snippet in zonestable.php:
    // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONETABLE_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }
    And directly benief it add this:
    Code:

// Fishmad added: Enable only if cart contents are less than 10kg
                    if ($_SESSION['cart']->show_weight() >= 10) {
                    $this->enabled = false;
                    }
    Works for me.

Plugin Contributions

hi there,

Could anyone tell me what's the difference between this module and 'Zone Rates' module that's pre-installed when you installed zen cart ?

Or is it basically the same thing cuz i have browsed through this thread and i saw the description saying that this module modified 'Table Rate' module to be allowed to have more than 1 zone.

However, isn't that the same thing with 'Zone Rate' module ? Perhaps, someone could help me clarify ?
    Because, i'm intending to install this module along with pre-installed 'Zone Rates' so that i can have 2 modules with 'multiple zone' capability.
    I wonder if the constant value will conflict to each other module ....

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I dunno the difference as this has confused me as well-see my setup here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116595
    But after this installing this module and setting it up, my zones work exactly as I want! :-)

I spent most of this afternoon trying to figure out what I was not getting - still don't get it! Surf7.net - I cud kiss u!

smavellous

Thank you.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast