Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add a field into create account

I have followed the directions to a T from CraigW and tdtaylor (for the error trapping) and I can type whatever I want into my tax_id field and it will create the account without an error.

I have it set to be a required field, and it is supposed to be no less than 10 characters. So for example if I type 24-347 and try to submit the create new account form, it should trip an error but it does not.

I also tried to go back to an old mod called taxid_v1.0 and tried to get it to work in zc 1.3.7 (but the code has changed too much from 1.2.6 for this mod to work).

Can anyone please give any insight into why this isn't working. If you need an example of the web site, go to www.swansoninc.com

tia...

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    excellent post, very useful.

I have followed the instructions in the first section to provide the extra field for the customer sign-up screen (not customer editing).

I have an error where the text "TAX ID" as defined in includes/languages/my_template/english.php
    is not being displayed on the admin-customer-edit account page (which uses admin/customers.php).
    Instead it shows ENTRY_TAXID_NUMBER next to the field. Functionally it works.
    If I add the two DEFINE statements from english.php into customer.php it displays the text correctly.
    The customised english.php is definitely in use as the correct TAX ID is shown on the customer login page.

I don't know enough about PHP and variables (yet) to know why one page can use this predefined text string but not another so any help would be much appreciated,

regards
    Steve
    ps using Zen Cart 1.38 on a local windows pc

Plugin Contributions

I'm not quite sure what's going on on my end here. I've done everything listed in the tutorial on how to get this to work. And it works fine in the Admin section. However, on the customer create account page, I can't get the error checking to work. I leave all the fields blank and when I hit submit, it says nothing about my new field (called "Job Title").

Also, it doesn't do this in Firefox, but in Safari, if I click on the city field, or first name, or last name, the cursor then jumps to the Job Title textbox almost immediately. The only way I can get the cursor to stay on a different field is to tab through.

Any suggestions for either of these issues?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I need some help regarding the customer editing their existing taxid as detailed above.

It appears to work, it accepts the change and there are no error messages but on returning back to the edit account page, the number has not changed. The edit does not get inserted into the table: it always shows the original number.
    I can edit it through admin ok.

I am sure I have copied the changes correctly but can others verify the customer edit function works for them on 1.38a?

thanks
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Dammit, missed the 7 minute timeout!

Anyway, before editing
    \includes\modules\pages\account_edit\header_php.php

I had copied and renamed the original to
    \includes\modules\pages\account_edit\header_php original.php

I thought that was the sensible thing to do.

I found that while the header_php original.php was still in the same directory the edit would not work despite no errors or problems showing up.

regards
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xlr82quik View Post

11c. Now search for:

<tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER; ?></td>
    <td class="main">
    <?php
    if ($processed == true) {
    echo $cInfo->customers_fax . zen_draw_hidden_field('customers_fax');
    } else {
    echo zen_draw_input_field('customers_fax', $cInfo->customers_fax, zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_fax', 15));
    }
    ?>
    </td>

DO NOT ERASE THIS CODE SIMPLY GO DIRECTLY UNDER THIS CODE AND ADD IN THE FOLLOWING CODE:

<tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo 'Tax ID:'; ?></td>
    <td class="main">
    <?php
    if ($processed == true) {
    echo $cInfo->customers_taxid . zen_draw_hidden_field('customers_taxid');
    } else {
    echo zen_draw_input_field('customers_taxid', $cInfo->customers_taxid, zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_taxid', 15));
    }
    ?>
    </td>
    I just wanted to give some insite that helped me.

I am using 1.3.8a and followed this to the letter and it worked perfect.
    the only problem i had was what i quoted above.

If you turn the fax number off then it wont display this code because you are putting it in the if (ACCOUNT_FAX_NUMBER == 'true') {

if you put it above this after the last </tr> and add a </tr> at the end it will work perfect.

PHP Code:
              <tr>
                <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER?></td>
                <td class="main">
    <?php

if ($error == true) {
        if (
    $entry_telephone_error == true) {
          echo 
    zen_draw_input_field('customers_telephone'$cInfo->customers_telephonezen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS'customers_telephone'15)) . '&nbsp;' ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR;
        } else {
          echo 
    $cInfo->customers_telephone zen_draw_hidden_field('customers_telephone');
        }
      } else {
        echo 
    zen_draw_input_field('customers_telephone'$cInfo->customers_telephonezen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS'customers_telephone'15), true);
      }
    ?></td>
              </tr>
              <!-- put the code below here to display it in customer edit page -->
          <tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo 'Tax ID:'?></td>
    <td class="main">
    <?php
    if ($processed == true) {
    echo 
    $cInfo->customers_taxid zen_draw_hidden_field('customers_taxid');
    } else {
    echo 
    zen_draw_input_field('customers_taxid'$cInfo->customers_taxidzen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS'customers_taxid'15));
    }
    ?>
    </td>
    //add this so that it has the end of <tr>
    </tr>

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_FAX_NUMBER == 'true') {
    Last edited by velvetangels; 17 Jan 2008 at 09:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

hihi. if i want to add 2 fields, 1 with dropdown option.. how to do that?

1 with 3 dropdown options for school name ( abc university , def high school, ghi private school)
    the 2nd will be student ID.. all numbers no hyphens allowed.

how to add the dropdown field ?
    also the student ID, how to add the field + do an error check ? This field is same like the tax field you have added in the first page?

im quite a newbie. please help to give me as detailed instructions as possible. thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

How Do We Make The Field we Added To Show up in the Invoice? anyone know?

Plugin Contributions

I've got a bit of a weird problem. The field added very easily and the instructions were great.

However, I added my field right below the phone and fax numbers called "customsid". When a customer does not fill in his fax number (which is not required) but fills in this customsid, in admin it shows the customs id in the fax field. If he fills in the fax field, then it puts it in the correct place.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Either way I get the number, but I have to manually move it down to the customs id box and it's huge pain.
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this thread its really helpful.

2 things,

1, how do I add checkboxes? I need a user to specify their preference in music genres.
    2, and is it possible for a user to fill out these field after he created his or her account? (in the edit account field)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast