Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add a field into create account

Anyone? Im kinda rushed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by margecc View Post
    I've got a bit of a weird problem. The field added very easily and the instructions were great.

However, I added my field right below the phone and fax numbers called "customsid". When a customer does not fill in his fax number (which is not required) but fills in this customsid, in admin it shows the customs id in the fax field. If he fills in the fax field, then it puts it in the correct place.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Either way I get the number, but I have to manually move it down to the customs id box and it's huge pain.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

I need some help. I followed all the instructions and it all works basicaly except on the sign up registration form the field I created does not show up?

The field does show up in the admin. panel for editing customers. The only place I am stuck at is on the signup form itself the field is not appearing? However the change on that form to say ADDITIONAL CONTACT is there. So that change was ok but the new filed on the form does not appear. This is the only place having problem so I must be doing something wrong. I checked everything and looks ok.

What is the exact spot to change to have it show on the registration form?

Plugin Contributions

need some help. I followed all the instructions and it all works basicaly except on the sign up registration form the field I created does not show up?

The field does show up in the admin. panel for editing customers. The only place I am stuck at is on the signup form itself the field is not appearing? However the change on that form to say ADDITIONAL CONTACT is there. So that change was ok but the new filed on the form does not appear. This is the only place having problem so I must be doing something wrong. I checked everything and looks ok.

What is the exact spot to change to have it show on the registration form?

Plugin Contributions

Bump again...

please!

Plugin Contributions

Bump! Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have tried to use this code in a new website which i am testing at the moment but when I adjust all of the code and I try a test account the new account is placed into the database and I can see and edit it in the Admin. My problem is when setting up the account it freezes after clicking on submit and just leaves a blank page and I have no idea why. I HAVE stuck to the directions as below and tried it several times but no joy. One question and I cannot see why it would cause this but I installed my test Zen cart using my CP Simple Scripts, does this cause any known issues such as this.

Hope someone has come across this and found a solution

Regards

Rottie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If the site works fine without the customization of adding new fields, then it would seem something you've done has broken it.

You might gain some insight about the blank-page problem by using the debug utility mentioned in step 2a of this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Doc,

That helped a treat, and I may look like an old Dog but im only a pup at heart and have a lot to learn.

regards

Rottie

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Add a field into create account

Help!!! I followed the instructions for placing the Taxid Field into the account setup page. Everything worked fine.

I followed the instructions for customer edit of Taxid Field and now I cannot access the admin page. All I get is a blank page.

I tried re-uploading the files prior to the changes (my backup files) and still I cannot access the admin page. I tried re-uploading the changed files and I still cannot access the admin page.

The client side seems to be working fine. The Taxid field is there and as a client I can log in and change my tax id, however as the administrator I cannot view the admin login page.

I tried the tutorials for troubleshooting blank pages and the Debug Error-Logging Utility and gleaned no useful information there.

I even tried the "Attempt to show errors on-screen." still the admin page is blank with no information showing where there should be information at the top.

I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

My website is http://www.wilpackpackaging.com/catalog

My admin page is http://www.wilpackpackaging.com/catalog/admin

Please help!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast