Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute by percentage versus dollar amount

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here ... thanks for being here, this looks to be a very active and helpful group!

We are changing platforms to Zen Cart and I am having some problems with attributes. We sell glass vials and have accomplished setting up the products and employing the proper quantity discounts so that 1-3 dozen is $XX and 4-10 dozen is $XX- 10%

At the same time there needs to be a cost differential between (for example) clear and amber color. At smaller quantities choosing amber increases cost by $0.01 per vial ... no problem easily done with an attribute.

With different size vials however the cost of an amber versus clear maybe $0.03 or $0.04 ... the cost of the color is actually a percentage of the original cost rather than a fixed dollar amount.

Is there a way to make the cost of an attribute a percentage of the product price rather than a dollar amount????

If this is an easy find, I really did search for a long time before posting Thanks in advance for any help!

Laura
    discountvials

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute by percentage versus dollar amount

Is there a way to make the cost of an attribute a percentage of the product price rather than a dollar amount????
    Difficult to explain but yes---using the factor & offset where the factor is actually a mathmatical inverse of percentage...play with values like .3 and .7 etc to see the effect and you will understand better.

This is coded to add this to the base price so a offeset of -1 I believe nullifies this
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten