Plugin Contributions

Default Customer account based on email/password only

Hi, I have a store selling only intangible/downloadable items. Therefore I do not need to know very much of a customer; basically only his email address. The more a customer needs to fill in to create an account, the higher the change you might loose him.

I have created a mod to make it possible to change the create account function is such a way that only the email address and password will suffice. Also, both fields will be at the top of the account creation screen, in stead of at the bottom.

Took my quite some time to figure it out, so I am asking a small contribution if you want to download it. Please look at www.consultyourself.com under the category Zen cart mod.

BTW. The rest of the store is still under development.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer account based on email/password only

Have you tested this right the way through Zen Cart. I did this a while back and found that at one level it was relatively straightforward. However, other parts of Zen Cart, unrelated to account creation, make assumptions about which address fields are populated. It got particularly complicated in respect of the country field.

I'm just wondering whether, since your site isn't finished yet, you have explored all catalog and admin functions to ensure that your solution is comprehensive.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. I did a number of tests and indeed had to do additional modifications to prevent some warning messages appearing in the admin module. I am not sure which other parts you are specifically referring to. Although not completely finished, products can be bought in the webshop and the process works end-to-end.

Plugin Contributions

Good to hear. Unfortunately it was a while back that I did this (can't even remember which project it was on) otherwise I would be more specific about the where the tricky bits were, but it sounds like you're on top of it anyway.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)