Plugin Contributions

red flag beginner needs help!

I am a web designer (html/flash) and i am attempting to expand my capabilities by implementing zen cart. I work on a mac (still non-intel) and i have downloaded every zip file on the site and i also have installed MAMP ( i read that it was better for macs). now i dont know what to do and could use much help. The book is in the mail right now but i want to get started now. I have a yahoo account and for ftp i can either use cyberduck or dreamweaver. If i can use the server on my computer for the time being i would like that but i would use my yahoo account as a development stage as well. Thanks! i am excited but dont have a clue what to do!

noah

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: beginner needs help!

I figured it out! i cant believe it, haha! awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by noahlucas View Post
    I am a web designer (html/flash) and i am attempting to expand my capabilities by implementing zen cart. I work on a mac (still non-intel) and i have downloaded every zip file on the site and i also have installed MAMP ( i read that it was better for macs). now i dont know what to do and could use much help. The book is in the mail right now but i want to get started now. I have a yahoo account and for ftp i can either use cyberduck or dreamweaver. If i can use the server on my computer for the time being i would like that but i would use my yahoo account as a development stage as well. Thanks! i am excited but dont have a clue what to do!

noah

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: beginner needs help!

With your MAMP there should be a www folder somewhere in it. As you are familiar with html I woul first figure out the MAMP setup with a simple html page

If similar to a PC based WAMP - you create a folder inside the www like "test" and place your html file inside it. In your browser you enter the path to the MAMP install(PC is localhost//www/???) and it should load your page.

Once you get this working for html then create a new folder in the www area for zen cart and copy the distribution files for one version to that folder(after expandng) and in the browser enter what you have learned from your html experience but change the last folder to that of Zen Cart and append zc_install.

This should start the installation process
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten