Plugin Contributions

Default Item Out of Stock message in PayPal Express Receipt

I have an odd problem. Ever since I upgraded my PayPal checkout to PayPal Express Checkout, I am getting one new thing.... a "Out of Stock" message is there next to each item my customers has bought. This only shows up in the payment details in Zen Cart and the customers' PayPal account.

It looks unprofessional to see an "out of stock" with every single item purchased in the details page. I am unable to find the cause of this.

To make things more clear, here's an example. Its copied and pasted direct from my PayPal account, the words are in a chart but I couldn't paste the chart but the general idea should suffice.

Qty Item Options Price
    3 3 piece Wood Candle Stick - Unassembled - 3 TallOut of stock, please re-order.
    Item # 5060 $3.00 USD
    1 Straw Broom - 4 TallOut of stock, please re-order.
    Item # #5054 $0.35 USD
    2 Mini Unfinished Milk BottlesOut of stock, please re-order.
    Item # #1053 $0.20 USD
    1 Wood Milk Can - 1-3/4 Tall x 7/8 DiameterOut of stock, please re-order.
    Item # #19 $0.20 USD
    1 Mini Wood Barrel - 7/8 Tall x 5/8 DiameterOut of stock, please re-order.
    Item # #3021 $0.10 USD
    1 BIRD TOYS - 20 LBS Box Filled with Wood Pieces with HolesOut of stock, please re-order.
    Item # #BIRDBOX $32.99 USD
    Amount $36.84 USD

See the Out of stock? I don't know where that is coming from. It is new since the PayPal Express Checkout upgrade which occurred last week.

Does anyone have the solution? I am tearing out my hair finding the root cause. This is intermittent, doesn't happen all of the time.

- Casey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item Out of Stock message in PayPal Express Receipt

That's the same message that's appearing in the shopping-cart and checkout pages, right ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No. This is only in Express Checkout payment details... When a customer buys something using the Express method (opposed as to regular PayPal), they get an emailed receipt from PayPal with payment details, what they ordered, etc. In that receipt, "Out of Stock" shows up next to the name of the item they ordered.

I looked in both my Zen Cart Cart program and my own PayPal account and could not find the cause for the message. Mind you, when customers order with credit cards or regular PayPal, not using PayPal Express Checkout, the "Out of Stock" message does NOT show up.

Any suggestions that I can do to banish the "Out of Stock" message?

- edited - I need to add that the "Out of Stock" message shows up in the PayPal payment details in the customer's own PayPal account, my own PayPal account and the customer order detail page in the Zen Cart Admin panel.

- Casey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are your settings in Admin->Configuration->Stock ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah... Now I see it. I see this....

In Configuration, under Stock -

"Mark product out of stock - Out of stock, please re-order."

I will delete the comment, "Out of stock, please re-order." Hopefully that solves the problem.

I overlooked this until now. I guess that the whole time, that message never showed up until PayPal Express Checkout was used for the first time last week.

I'll let you know how it works out. Thank you for your prompt reply, I appreciate it!

- Casey

Plugin Contributions

Can you please confirm what the outcome of this was? I have today had the same problem and a customer has reported that their PayPal receipt informed them that the item they purchased was out of stock!

I realise it has been a long time since this thread was posted, but if you could provide closure on the outcome it would be appreciated.

I would like to try and resolve this problem ASAP.