Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transfer of Hosts

Dr Byte,

I know the username and password match up to the actual DB. However when using ZCInstall, it might have been different, because i remember changing the username. Would it be an issue even if i matched the current username and password to the DB?

Thanks,
    thehin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart uses whatever is in the configure.php files in order to open a database connection.

If that's bad info, it cannot connect. Period.

The configure.php files usually get their content from the zc_install setup process, based on the info you provide during installation. If that information changes, you have to manually edit your configure.php files.

You said you can use phpMyAdmin fine ... what username/password are you using there? what database-name do you select when you get in ?
    The servername is the less obvious part, and is usually stated in your hosting account settings somewhere. Often "localhost" works, but in some hosting environments that's not the case.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well,

IT SEEMS GODADDY changed the server IP!!! I know this for a fact, because it installed perfectly fine on the new server when i did zcinstall, because i installed the demo cart successfully. The last digit of the server IP for the DB was off by 1!!

ARGGGHHH.....GODADDY :-(

Thanks For ALL your help Dr Byte.

Keep up the good work on a fantastic product.

Thanks,
    thehin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Don't get me started about GoDaddy ... unless you got your running shoes on, and a new host lined up...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well to be perfectly honest, besides this minor little hiccup, GoDaddy has been flawless with the ZenCart 1.37 install. I haven't had a single problem yet, in terns of support or compatibility. However it is definitely lacking in some areas. But for the $ you pay, id still say its the best money can buy. Maybe i'm wrong but I have 3 Zen carts on godaddy, and this was the first "problem" i've had which technically wasn't godaddys fault per say. But id leave them in a heartbeat if i could find something similar in terms of pricing and support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12