Plugin Contributions

help question just upgraded in a test directory, but the admin login goes back go the default admin

I just upgraded my zen cart tonight and the template that I was using is no longer good. No big deal, I was pretty much expecting that to happen. I installed the new cart on a sub directory called /beta, and after the install I tried to put the theme back to the default theme until I could work out another one, so I went to /beta/admin and when I logged in, it took me to the regular /admin panel.

How can I access the new admin panel?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: just upgraded in a test directory, but the admin login goes back go the default a

your paths in your /admin/includes/configure.php file are pointing to the old site

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: just upgraded in a test directory, but the admin login goes back go the default a

Okay, so what if I just want to merge the new install to my main directory...how would I go about doing that? That wasn't really discussed in the upgrade instructions.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure I'm following what exactly you're trying to do.
    You've talked about a "test directory", a "beta" folder, a "main site", and so on.

Then you indicated that you have a problem, and now you're wanting to merge back into the main site? Have you fixed the problem? Is everything working perfectly in your test area ?

Upgrading is a delicate task. Where are you at in that process?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You're right, I should probably totally fix the "beta" install first.

I changed the all the paths from site.com to site.com/beta and logged into the admin panel and got this error message:

1146 Table 'sover1_zcnew.TABLE_ADMIN_ACTIVITY_LOG' doesn't exist

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That suggests that your /includes/database_tables.php file hasn't been upgraded properly.

Plugin Contributions

I'm kind of running blind on this upgrade process. I followed the instructions and did the whole "upgrade database" thing. What do you suggest I do from here?

Thanks for all the help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You mentioned [the whole "upgrade database" thing]. Did you upgrade any .php files at the same time?
    What *have* you done?
    You might want to check out this article:
    upgrade instructions