Plugin Contributions

Default Mac Compatibility

Hi! I need some help...I've tried looking through the forums for the solution...but I'm not sure if I missed it.

I have set up my store, but when I ran tests on firefox or safari, the store does not run well.

Safari - photos do not show up..
    Firefox - photos show up as text

I have used JPEGS.

Could someone point me in the right direction to solve these issues?
    Going dizzy running round in circles!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mac Compatibility

What's the site URL ?

You called this post "Mac Compatibility" ... is that because you're having problems in safari, or because you're hosting it on a Mac ?

Plugin Contributions

I'm actually having problems with Safari and Firefox, not so much hosting on a Mac

The site URL is www.store.seventhjungle.com

thanks for your help chuck!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't see anything wrong in IE or Firefox on a PC. Not sure about the mac.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hmm...i tried mine on a mac, and it did not turn out right...any idea what could be the reason?

I'm worried if a customer pops by using a mac, they will be put off by the lack of photos (rather the question mark icon)...

Plugin Contributions

I'm unable to see these images via your site in any browser on Mac or PC. However, I can see them across both platforms when I link to them directly e.g. http://www.store.seventhjungle.com/i...t/escaperg.jpg.

The locations and links that you're using look fine, which makes this feel like a permissions issue to me. What type of server are you hosted on and what are the permissions on the images and images/product directories, and on the images themselves?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kuroi,

I signed up with this provider called "PowWeb" which supports zencart...supposedly. I did not make any amendments to the permissions..but where can I find this info so that I could let you know?

Pardon me but it's my first time setting up shop....

Thanks loads!!

Plugin Contributions

Your images aren't part of Zen Cart and so their permissions will be a combination of what you uploaded them with and how your host treats them by default.

I'm not familar with PoweWeb or the tools set that they give you to look at files in your hosted area. Most hosting control panels would have some sort of file manager which you could use to upload files, or the FTP program you used to upload them will often have this facility.

Another possibility might be that PowWeb have protection in place that is intended to prevent people linking to your images that is erroneously being tripped when your Zen Cart tries to use them.

Sounds like a conversation with PowWeb's 24/7 Support may be the quickest way to carry this forward. They've got live chat so it needed cost you anything.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks...i'll do just that then.