Thread: A Few Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default A Few Questions

Right, I've been designing and devloping website for a number of years, but never done an online shop! A friend at work has asked me recently to do a shop for her. I've been told by friends who have had experience in eCommerce that I should use Zen Cart. Which is why I am here

Anyway, after a few hours of playing, I have got the shop pretty much how I want it to look, all be it, no content as Laura (my friend), hasn't got back to me on that yet!

Anyway, I did a dummy run with dummy products and noticed the shipping etc at the end was in US Dollars! Took me a while to change this. I figured out how to set it so GBP was the default. I selected that to be default, but after another run it was showing US Dollars still. I noticed the drop down list on the left was still displaying US Dollars as default. So I deleted all currencies, leaving just GBP! Now when I do a dummy run it says at the end "0" where as before i got "$5" or "£10.14" when selecting GBP!

Why has this happened?

Also, the product doesn't show the price, and I've priced it up in the Admin section!

Also another question or 2;

Which file do I change so I can change "Sales Message Goes Here" at the top?
    Same question goes for the "Information" and "More Information" boxes on the left. Where do I go to change those?

And can I also change the home page? Instead of just replacing the add that's shown at the beginning with an ad of my own, I'd also like to apply my own text and remove "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution."

Please help people, as I am new to this!

Cheers,

Mat

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A Few Questions

Start with the tutorials/FAQ link at the top of the page for most of your questions.

What you did to the currencies is not clear but you might try the update currencies in the admin
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Basically, it was set to US Dollars as default. I changed it to GBP but it was still showing US Dollars and I noticed the drop down menu on the right hand side of the page! So i went back to admin panel and deleted all currencies, but left GBP remaining! Now it shows when you get to the checkout "0" instead of a value like it did before. Also, the products don't show a value

Check the shop out here:

http://www.lauracollinson.spirewebsolutions.co.uk/shop/

its only a test site at the mo, and I've tried a couple of dummy runs to the checkout and always comes back as "0"

Try it yourself!

Plugin Contributions

Another quick question:

Is it possible to have another User who can log into the admin panel just to add goods etc (i.e. don't want them to make changes to major setting such as Configuration, changing templates etc). Just want my client to be able to log in, add new items, and thats about it really!

Plugin Contributions

There is an Admin Profiles mod in Downloads for this purpose.

Plugin Contributions

Cheers

Figured out how to change some pages e.g. Page 2, 3, 4 under More Information! Also figured out how to change pages such as Contact Us, Main Page etc, yet the main page still shows

"Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.
    Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?"

At the top! And still not figured out how to change the "Sales Message Goes Here" bit! what are these files?

Also, at the top I have "Home" & "Log In". How do I get "Register" there?

Just wait till I actually get to the payments/receiving payments part

At the mo I'm just lookin at changing the sponsors etc

Plugin Contributions

Also, how do i change the title bar?

Plugin Contributions

Changed the message saying "you have sucessfully installed Zen Cart..." I want my message to contain apostrophies! but it wont as it messes that code up!

Plugin Contributions

sorted the apostrophe out ;) added "\" before it!

Plugin Contributions

still having problems at the checkout!

still not showing the value of the product any where, on the description, on the product overview, at the checkout etc etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast