Plugin Contributions

help question When a specific Attribute is used - change price to "call for price"?

Hi!

I need to have a feature, that whenever the "file upload" attribute has been used on a product, the price for this product changes to "Call for price" and a message shows saying something like "You have submitted a file, please submit the order and we will let you know how much the item will be once we have looked at the file you have uploaded"-or so... I think I could just add the message that shows to the "File successfully uploaded"-alert, that shows anyways. What do you think? But I have no idea about the first part

I don't think there is a standart feature that does this, but I also don#t think that I'm the first one who needs this

Anyone done that before or has an idea how to do it?

Thanks!!

- Paul

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: When a specific Attribute is used - change price to "call for price"?

Hey, does anyone have an idea? I'm still stuck here

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: When a specific Attribute is used - change price to "call for price"?

*push* I still can't get this to work

Plugin Contributions

Paul - did you ever get that to work?

Plugin Contributions

The reason I asked is that I needed a custom "call for price" option - though different circumstances. Link below:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77811

Anyway what I did was ##############ise, oops, meant "customise" the freeoptions shipping module to become "call for price/quote" and use code adjustments to display this option (and turn of other shipping modules) at the checkout screen based on the order contents.

No good for a real-time payment system though, as the order still has to go through the payments screen - and of course the free options module cant be used for anything else!

Dunno if this helps, but.......