Plugin Contributions

cart error Paypal -- credit card payments without paypal account?

I am having trouble allowing my users to make payments via paypal without a paypal account, with either one of the paypal modules. I have enabled IPN and 'Paypal Account Optional' on my paypal account, but I still don't see the little link at the bottom that lets you pay without having a paypal account! What gives?

Could it be something else to do with my account? My paypal account is a premier, verified account, but I don't think the bank account has been confirmed (via the two small deposits that Paypal does). Could this be the problem?

Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal -- credit card payments without paypal account?

I would wait until your bank account has been confirmed then go through a test purchase.

One of the things Paypal has consistently done through several format versions of their payment pages is to downplay the ability to pay without using a Paypal account. Right now there is a poorly labeled link placed directly above the string of cc logos near the bottom of the first page when the customer is transferred to the Paypal site.

The section reads: Don't have a Paypal account? use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue.

Many of my customers interprete "continue" to mean to bypass the credit card option when in fact it takes you to a page where you can pay by credit card. The string of CC logos for MasterCard, Visa, etc. are not linked to the Credit Card info page which makes it even more confusing.

These are issues with Paypal of course, and have nothing to do with ZenCart.

Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a