Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Settings go blank...

Whenever I change a setting in the admin panel, it updates, but not properly. For example, I tried to set CSS buttons value to true instead of false, and when I edited it, and then submitted the new value, the value went completely blank instead of being ture, so, i tried to switch it back to false, and the same thing happened. I decided to remove the ez-pages from the public view, but, then decided i wanted them back, and it is just blank, and i cant get it to change. i could however do this all manually through phpmyadmin, but, the guy that is going to be running the site doesnt know how to do any of that, so, this really needs to be working properly, especially when he goes to add his CC info for his merchant account and stuff like that. please help. thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Settings go blank...

sorry for the double post, but, the system would not let me edit my message

i am not sure if this is gong to make a difference or not, but, here is my php and mysql version

PHP - version 4.4.4
    MySQL - version 4.1.21-standard

Plugin Contributions

sorry for the bump, but, i really need to get this problem solved. does anyone have any solution. i tried the ask a question button on the zencart site, and i still havent heard form anyone, and not sure if they even recieved the email since there was no conformation email. someone please help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by methodcomptech View Post
    i tried the ask a question button on the zencart site, and i still havent heard form anyone, and not sure if they even recieved the email since there was no conformation email. someone please help.
    The forum is the place to ask for support. Posting here is appropriate.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What Version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Was this an upgrade? from what version?
    What addons/contributions have you installed on your site?
    What browsers are you testing this with?
    Does this happen from more than one computer?
    Do you have any login problems on the storefront or in the admin?
    Has this always been happening, or has it just started?
    When you did the installation, did the System Inspection page give you any warnings ?
    Did you install manually or via an automated install such as Fantastico ?
    Who is your hosting company ?
    Do your customers have any trouble editing settings in their My Account area? ie: shipping address, date of birth, newsletter format selection, etc?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What Version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.3.7.1
    Was this an upgrade? from what version? no
    What addons/contributions have you installed on your site? none
    What browsers are you testing this with? firefox and IE
    Does this happen from more than one computer? yes
    Do you have any login problems on the storefront or in the admin? both
    Has this always been happening, or has it just started? always
    When you did the installation, did the System Inspection page give you any warnings ? no
    Did you install manually or via an automated install such as Fantastico ? manually
    Who is your hosting company ? self hosted
    Do your customers have any trouble editing settings in their My Account area? ie: shipping address, date of birth, newsletter format selection, etc? no

Additional details:
    I am a programmer, and I have discovered that when settings are changed in the admin page, they do NOT show up in $_POST...$_POST exists, but is empty. As such, blank data is put in the database. Apache version 1.3.37, PHP 5.2.3. As such, the shopping cart is also always empty.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Athenon View Post
    Additional details:
    I am a programmer, and I have discovered that when settings are changed in the admin page, they do NOT show up in $_POST...$_POST exists, but is empty. As such, blank data is put in the database. Apache version 1.3.37, PHP 5.2.3. As such, the shopping cart is also always empty.
    You claim to have some knowledge of debugging, so here are some more questions:
    At what stage is the $_POST found to be empty?
    Is $_GET also empty ? (assuming you're on a page where $_GET is relevant)
    Does this happen to you if you do a similar installation on a live commercially-operated server, instead of self-hosted?
    Does this happen to you on a different version of PHP ?
    What are your PHP settings related to GPC ?
    Do you have a relationship to the original poster, or is your comment another instance of similar problem?

Plugin Contributions

You claim to have some knowledge of debugging, so here are some more questions:
    At what stage is the $_POST found to be empty? anytime after the form is submitted...in other words, it never gets filled at all

Is $_GET also empty ? (assuming you're on a page where $_GET is relevant) no - its the admin config page with zone, store name, etc...the edit/save var still works fine, so $_GET is fine

Does this happen to you if you do a similar installation on a live commercially-operated server, instead of self-hosted? don't have one with the same setup to test

Does this happen to you on a different version of PHP? can't really test it

What are your PHP settings related to GPC ? variables_order GPCS GPCS

Do you have a relationship to the original poster, or is your comment another instance of similar problem? another instance...saw the thread, having the same problem...jumped at the opportunity

On a side note, OSCommerce has the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

it is the newest version of zencart, not any upgrade version, it was the full version.
    the are no addons or modifications as of yet.
    i was testing in IE, and haven't moved to firefox yet, and i highly doubt it is a browser issue since it is updating the table, just not properly.
    it was a manual install, and i have installed it on 3 other sites prior to this, but, it was an older version.
    there were no warning on the systems inspection page.
    these issues are new hence the site being new.

the site it occurs on is http://www.carterellis.com/index.php

i am thinking that the problem could be because an older version may not have used $_POST, and then may have been carried over to this version. the reason i say this is because i have seen this problem before when code was missing $_POST, so, data would be inserted blank.
    i haven't done any front end testing just yet since i was working on the admin panel first, but, the site is currently set with the test items that come with zencart. please let me know if you have seen this issue in zencart before, and what i may do to fix it. i code php too, but, i really don't want to go poking through the code that much and risk messing something up since some of it is a bit above my level of expertise.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If Zen Cart is to blame, then I'd be expecting that $_POST would have data immediately after form submission but then lost it during some sort of sanitization. I can't say that I've ever seen that happen though.

But if $_POST is never getting set as you say, then you have a problem with your server configuration. Perhaps mod_security set too tight? or something else blocking $_POST data from getting through to PHP scripts.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast