Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Settings go blank...

Quote Originally Posted by methodcomptech View Post
    definitely not. i have the same version of zencart on two sites as i showed you above, so, not a server issue, at least for me.
    And your "two sites" ... their vhost configurations are identical ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    And your "two sites" ... their vhost configurations are identical ?
    i am the host. it is the same server. everything is identical between the two.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Athenon View Post
    Really...You have it working on 1.3.37 DrByte?
    i have it working on 1.3.37 too, but, a different site. :S

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

definitely not. i have the same version of zencart on two sites as i showed you above, so, not a server issue, at least for me.
    Just for kicks, on your non-working site can you set up another Zen Cart install in another folder (like you have the /zencart on your working site) and do a fresh install (new database would be easier to cleanup later), and see if the problem continues in that subfolder?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Really...You have it working on 1.3.37 DrByte?
    Yes - I have it working on hundreds of sites using varying apache and php and mysql versions, without the symptoms you're reporting.

Plugin Contributions

I can change the hosting environment. I have that power. But I don't know what to change where.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Just for kicks, on your non-working site can you set up another Zen Cart install in another folder (like you have the /zencart on your working site) and do a fresh install (new database would be easier to cleanup later), and see if the problem continues in that subfolder?
    if re-uploading the files via ftp doesnt work, i guess that will be the next step. i really dont want it in a subfolder though, so, i may jest delete everything from the DB, and re-install, but, if i need a sub, like /zencart, then i just may do that. hopefully that can be avoided though.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I can change the hosting environment. I have that power. But I don't know what to change where.
    I'm not sure what to change that would affect only the given domains.

You've already said that the vhost configurations (ie: apache directives in httpd.conf, .htaccess, etc) are "normal" and the same as other "working" domains. So based on that assumption, the anomaly is going to be hard to find.

Can you upload the zc_install/techsupp.php file and post a link? I'm mainly interested in the phpinfo components

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

if re-uploading the files via ftp doesnt work, i guess that will be the next step. i really dont want it in a subfolder though, so, i may jest delete everything from the DB, and re-install, but, if i need a sub, like /zencart, then i just may do that. hopefully that can be avoided though.
    I'm just suggesting to do it as a test to see what happens ... whether the problem follows. Just to rule some things out.

Plugin Contributions

The thing was way too big to upload here, so I posted it on a server... https://store.japanaradio.com/zencart/techsupp.php

The link was edited...this is a more recent and nicer version.

Theres also debug code in there for every sql query in or out of zencart, for effect.
    Last edited by Athenon; 26 Aug 2007 at 08:51 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast