Plugin Contributions

Default Can not put html in Product Description

I am having a very strange probem. I search around this forum with only 1 result which is similar to my case. however, it doesn't come with any solution in that topic.

The problem is that when I add/edit Product description with html code(even a very basic html code, eg. <br>) and then click Preview (to save) the site takes me to the homepage of my shoppping site (rather then the preview confirmation page as it should).

Also, it happen to add/edit new category as well.

but it works well if i put the html code into mysql through PHPMyAdmin.

Do you got any suggestions for the problem?

My shop Hosting in

Zen Cart v1.3.7/v1.3.7
    Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.0
    MySQL version 5.0.37-standard
    Operating system Linux

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can not put html in Product Description

sounds like you have one or more bad files in the admin area.
    You can look for files with "0" bytes or just re-load them all
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you put no < or > symbols ... ie: no HTML tags, does the same thing happen?

I suspect you're a victim of very tight mod_security settings by your hosting company.

You could try copying the /zc_install/.htaccess file contents into the /admin/.htaccess file on your site (if there isn't one, just copy the whole file from zc_install) to override the mod_security settings.
    Granted, doing this also stops all safeties normally provided by that facility.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    sounds like you have one or more bad files in the admin area.
    You can look for files with "0" bytes or just re-load them all
    Thanks for your advice. I checked all file in the host. all of them is the good file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you put no < or > symbols ... ie: no HTML tags, does the same thing happen?
    Yes, if no < or >, it is fine. but i cannot make a break for my description.

I suspect you're a victim of very tight mod_security settings by your hosting company.
    Yes, The hosting company turn off the register_globals for PHP, i try the same copy of files in the other server which do not turn off the register_globals
    , it is no problem to input the html into the product description.

You could try copying the /zc_install/.htaccess file contents into the /admin/.htaccess file on your site (if there isn't one, just copy the whole file from zc_install) to override the mod_security settings.
    Granted, doing this also stops all safeties normally provided by that facility.

Yes, it is working perfectly at the moment after i resend the .htaccess file from the install folder. thanks for your help DrByte.