Plugin Contributions

Default Error at System Inspection

I'm on an iMac G5, PPC, OS X 10.4.6. I've installed MAMP v. 1.6. I'm trying to install Zen-Cart v. 1.3.7. I'm at the System Inspection Results page, where the install button is at the bottom and I have the error: Current SQL Cache Folder= (then the path to the cache folder) --> Unwritable
    I changed the permissions on the folder to me, group, others can read & write. How do I change the chmod to 777? In terminal? Is that the problem?
    Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error at System Inspection

You should be fine as you're doing it already - I've never needed to use terminal to change the permissions on a file or folder locally on OS X.

Did you refresh the inspection page after you changed the permissions?

Plugin Contributions

Assuming a default install the command should look like chmod 777 /file/location(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/file_here is the default mamp web folder).

in a quiet village just outside New York City
    Plugin Contributions

Assuming that you are only doing this for development purposes - meaning that you are going to create a site on your Mac and then move it to a server - I would just ignore the error. When I set up MAMP recently on my new MacBook, I got an similar error (I forgot exactly what it said) and I just kept going and everything works fine.

If you do find that you need to change the permissions, I found that the best way is to use Terminal. Once you get Zen Cart installed, you'll need to set the file configure.php to read only. Open up Terminal and start using cd to get around. This worked for me.

>cd /Applications
    Applications>cd MAMP/htdocs/includes/

then you'll need to do this command

sudo chmod 444 configure.php

Be sure to use sudo which puts you in super user mode; otherwise, you won't change anything.

- Wild

Plugin Contributions

I ignored it and it went fine. Sorry for the thank-you delay, I had to drop what I was doing and work on a client's web site. So thank-you for the help!