Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Virtual Merchant module

Quote Originally Posted by aly22 View Post
    I'm looking at batch right now and it ONLY shows 3 errors total -- nothing else.
    I used a future expiration date, and did receive a confirmation email that the order was PENDING. As did my friend.

I show 3 test orders under ERROR in VM -- all mine.
    I do not see her order at all.

These were all done while in DEMO mode.

Prior to switching back to DEMO mode, I recieved invalid credit card email alerts as well as ON SCREEN Warnings. When I figured out that I was in LIVE (Production) mode, and switched back I was then able to put my order through with no error -- but I see 3 error emails (from my zen shop) and all 3 show in the VM backend (under batch) All show INVALID CARD

The other order that did receive the zen confirmation emails does not show up.
    Ok, it's the one that did not show up that we're worried about, all the others make sense. Well, they behaved as expected correct? Looks like it but making sure.

You say future expiration, the error log does it state that it's an invalid expiration or give more detail? would you be able to copy the error to the forum?
    [FONT="Georgia"]Samuel Turnmire[/FONT]
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]co-Founder[/FONT]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]geekFoundry[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea how to view the logs though I know they are there in modules/etc/etc

I just tried a live purchase ($1) with my real credit card and that went through fine. It shows up in VM, but of course i have no idea how to process it so that Zen knows it is now Processing??

But yes, I am concerned about the missing order -- can you help me figure out how to see the log files that exist?

(I am not always quite so "blonde" honest!!)

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea how to view the logs though I know they are there in modules/etc/etc

I just tried a live purchase ($1) with my real credit card and that went through fine. It shows up in VM, but of course i have no idea how to process it so that Zen knows it is now Processing??

But yes, I am concerned about the missing order -- can you help me figure out how to see the log files that exist?

(I am not always quite so "blonde" honest!!)
    check out includes/modules/payments/log and see if you have anything there.
    as far as Zen Cart goes, you can change the default value I think from processing to in process or whatever it is. but it is something that will have to be manually updated (as far as I know) if you want Zen to track the status of the order

Plugin Contributions

in includes/modules/payment/logs I see:

htaccess
    index.html 1KB
    virtualmerchant_today.php 1KB
    vm_view_logs.php 1KB

modified dates on these files are 3/13/2008 so nothing is being written to them.
    What permissions are necessary for this to work?

So in DEMO mode nothing needs to be written to the VM Batch ? Is that correct?
    The zen cart automatically shoots out the confirmation / receipt email. Then I guess we just work from VM to determine orders and process them that way by matching the email order receipt (admin copy) to the actual purchases in Batch? Am I on the right track ??

Plugin Contributions

Hi Aly,

Couple of (silly?) questions:

Do you have logging turned on in the VM Payment Module configs? Just making sure.

- The owner/group of the logs directory must match that of your web server process. I do not recommend setting full 777 permissions on this folder, I would recommend adjusting the ownership and/or group of the logs folder with 770 permissions.

- Do you remember, by chance, what you used for the future expiration? Do you have the email that reported this error (since the logs aren't quite there yet?

You might want to verify the selected completed order "Set Order Status" setting in the VM Payment configs. A successfully paid for order should be shifted into the selected category.

FYI - The VM Payment Module error email messages you are seeing ONLY go to the STORE ADMIN, and are not sent to the customer. They are just for your information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rtw819 View Post
    Couple of (silly?) questions:

Do you have logging turned on in the VM Payment Module configs? Just making sure.
    I have store database queries on under Config/Logging

And in VM Config I have

Debug Mode Level 1
    and
    Debug Log File
    includes/modules/payment/logs/vm_

Do you remember, by chance, what you used for the future expiration? Do you have the email that reported this error (since the logs aren't quite there yet?
    Yes, January 2017

FYI - The VM Payment Module error email messages you are seeing ONLY go to the STORE ADMIN, and are not sent to the customer. They are just for your information.
    Yes, I do realize that and that is fine -- my concern is that a customer (albeit a test mode customer) assumed her order went through because she got the email saying so -- but it did not show up.

Now if you are telling me that test orders with the 4111 card are NOT SUPPOSED to show up in VM --- then it's all good! Is that the case?

I'm fine with updating manually in ZenCart -- just wasn't sure if there was an automated function such as the way the Paypal IPN automatically updates an order from PENDING to PROCESSING. That's all there.

Plugin Contributions

I have store database queries on under Config/Logging

And in VM Config I have

Debug Mode Level 1
    and
    Debug Log File
    includes/modules/payment/logs/vm_
    Double check the owner/group of the logs directory, (should be owned by something like 'www' or 'nobody' depending on your web host's apache process run-as user setting) Verify permissions are 770.

Yes, January 2017
    The module should always generate a valid expiration date, since it is chosen from a drop-down menu. I would be curious to see if the problem could be replicated, and would be interested in seeing any logs from the resulting test (bump up to Log Level 2 or 3).

I'm fine with updating manually in ZenCart -- just wasn't sure if there was an automated function such as the way the Paypal IPN automatically updates an order from PENDING to PROCESSING. That's all there.
    Check the Set Order Status drop down setting in the VM Zen payment module config. Orders, even test orders, that complete successfully should transfer to the proper status in Zencart (Processing, typically) if a valid status is selected.

Give that a shot and let us know?

Plugin Contributions

in includes/modules/payment/logs I see:

htaccess
    index.html 1KB
    virtualmerchant_today.php 1KB
    vm_view_logs.php 1KB

modified dates on these files are 3/13/2008 so nothing is being written to them.
    What permissions are necessary for this to work?

So in DEMO mode nothing needs to be written to the VM Batch ? Is that correct?
    The zen cart automatically shoots out the confirmation / receipt email. Then I guess we just work from VM to determine orders and process them that way by matching the email order receipt (admin copy) to the actual purchases in Batch? Am I on the right track ??
    Sounds like it to me. I would always use VM to confirm orders, if for no other reason alone than comm glitches that are bound to happen in a world full of man made parts, LOL. Since VM is what you're going to get paid by I would rely on it. Now it would make good business sense to follow up on any 'oddities' that creep up but these should be rare IF they happen at all

Plugin Contributions

ok, I did chown to gid/uid; no longer able to access logs directory via ftp. Through client's control panel when I open the Logs directory it shows: no files found

ls shows me the same files as before: index.html, htaccess, virtualmerchant_today and view_etc. but no actual log files. chmod at 770 but now I can't access the directory at all

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatch View Post
    Sounds like it to me. I would always use VM to confirm orders, if for no other reason alone than comm glitches that are bound to happen in a world full of man made parts, LOL. Since VM is what you're going to get paid by I would rely on it. Now it would make good business sense to follow up on any 'oddities' that creep up but these should be rare IF they happen at all
    That does make sense. So I've instructed my client to simply match order confirm emails to actual payments in VM prior to shipping.

As long as it is ok that the 4111 purchases made in DEMO mode are not supposed to show up in VM - (Only those with errors showed up in VM) If that is how it is suppose to work, I'm ok ... other than not being able to read the log files.

I am so sorry to have mussed up this thread with my silly problems but am eternally grateful for all of the great support. You are amazing!

EDIT -- Oooh one more question I haven't found on the forums ... How do you rename the payment option? In the checkout it says: VM Payment Gateway and I would prefer it simply said "Credit Card Payment" or something to that effect. (Customers won't know what VM means, you know?) Thanks!
    Last edited by aly22; 18 Mar 2008 at 05:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast