Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Virtual Merchant module

Got it through this time! I had inadvertently forgotten to switch back to demo mode. All is well now .... so where do I go to donate?!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aly22 View Post
    Got it through this time! I had inadvertently forgotten to switch back to demo mode. All is well now .... so where do I go to donate?!!!
    Take that up with the coder, rtw819
    [FONT="Georgia"]Samuel Turnmire[/FONT]
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]co-Founder[/FONT]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]geekFoundry[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

A few more questions --
    I've managed to place several test orders and was able to log into the client's VM area to see that my test purchase did process.

However, another test (all with the 4111etc. card #) did process through my zen store, but is NOT showing up on the VM side of things. I did receive an error message that stated invalid expiration date, but the friend who tried this order DID get a confirmation email from the shop.

I'm concerned that going live some orders may not process, but am unsure just what to check for -- or how???

And is there any way to edit the error emails?

And finally -- do we still have to manually update order status in Zen?

Plugin Contributions

A few more questions --
    I've managed to place several test orders and was able to log into the client's VM area to see that my test purchase did process.

However, another test (all with the 4111etc. card #) did process through my zen store, but is NOT showing up on the VM side of things. I did receive an error message that stated invalid expiration date, but the friend who tried this order DID get a confirmation email from the shop.

I'm concerned that going live some orders may not process, but am unsure just what to check for -- or how???

And is there any way to edit the error emails?

And finally -- do we still have to manually update order status in Zen?
    That is a concern . . . need to know if you were in test or live mode, what exp date was put in; any details you can share.

So you received an error message in the payment module or on VM?

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking at batch right now and it ONLY shows 3 errors total -- nothing else.
    I used a future expiration date, and did receive a confirmation email that the order was PENDING. As did my friend.

I show 3 test orders under ERROR in VM -- all mine.
    I do not see her order at all.

These were all done while in DEMO mode.

Prior to switching back to DEMO mode, I recieved invalid credit card email alerts as well as ON SCREEN Warnings. When I figured out that I was in LIVE (Production) mode, and switched back I was then able to put my order through with no error -- but I see 3 error emails (from my zen shop) and all 3 show in the VM backend (under batch) All show INVALID CARD

The other order that did receive the zen confirmation emails does not show up.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking at batch right now and it ONLY shows 3 errors total -- nothing else.
    I used a future expiration date, and did receive a confirmation email that the order was PENDING. As did my friend.

I show 3 test orders under ERROR in VM -- all mine.
    I do not see her order at all.

These were all done while in DEMO mode.

Prior to switching back to DEMO mode, I recieved invalid credit card email alerts as well as ON SCREEN Warnings. When I figured out that I was in LIVE (Production) mode, and switched back I was then able to put my order through with no error -- but I see 3 error emails (from my zen shop) and all 3 show in the VM backend (under batch) All show INVALID CARD

The other order that did receive the zen confirmation emails does not show up.
    Ok, it's the one that did not show up that we're worried about, all the others make sense. Well, they behaved as expected correct? Looks like it but making sure.

You say future expiration, the error log does it state that it's an invalid expiration or give more detail? would you be able to copy the error to the forum?

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea how to view the logs though I know they are there in modules/etc/etc

I just tried a live purchase ($1) with my real credit card and that went through fine. It shows up in VM, but of course i have no idea how to process it so that Zen knows it is now Processing??

But yes, I am concerned about the missing order -- can you help me figure out how to see the log files that exist?

(I am not always quite so "blonde" honest!!)

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea how to view the logs though I know they are there in modules/etc/etc

I just tried a live purchase ($1) with my real credit card and that went through fine. It shows up in VM, but of course i have no idea how to process it so that Zen knows it is now Processing??

But yes, I am concerned about the missing order -- can you help me figure out how to see the log files that exist?

(I am not always quite so "blonde" honest!!)
    check out includes/modules/payments/log and see if you have anything there.
    as far as Zen Cart goes, you can change the default value I think from processing to in process or whatever it is. but it is something that will have to be manually updated (as far as I know) if you want Zen to track the status of the order

Plugin Contributions

in includes/modules/payment/logs I see:

htaccess
    index.html 1KB
    virtualmerchant_today.php 1KB
    vm_view_logs.php 1KB

modified dates on these files are 3/13/2008 so nothing is being written to them.
    What permissions are necessary for this to work?

So in DEMO mode nothing needs to be written to the VM Batch ? Is that correct?
    The zen cart automatically shoots out the confirmation / receipt email. Then I guess we just work from VM to determine orders and process them that way by matching the email order receipt (admin copy) to the actual purchases in Batch? Am I on the right track ??

Plugin Contributions

Hi Aly,

Couple of (silly?) questions:

Do you have logging turned on in the VM Payment Module configs? Just making sure.

- The owner/group of the logs directory must match that of your web server process. I do not recommend setting full 777 permissions on this folder, I would recommend adjusting the ownership and/or group of the logs folder with 770 permissions.

- Do you remember, by chance, what you used for the future expiration? Do you have the email that reported this error (since the logs aren't quite there yet?

You might want to verify the selected completed order "Set Order Status" setting in the VM Payment configs. A successfully paid for order should be shifted into the selected category.

FYI - The VM Payment Module error email messages you are seeing ONLY go to the STORE ADMIN, and are not sent to the customer. They are just for your information.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast