Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Virtual Merchant module

I just installed the module for a store I am finishing up. I had a slight issue with the type of cURL that is being used, so I contacted the module developer. He was actually kind enough to contact me quickly, and gave plenty of info that allowed me to get it working perfectly.

Just to go over my issue, to help anyone else. I just had to run his php script (it is safe everyone) and it gave me the cURL info I needed. I then wen t to line #54 in the viaklix.php file:

PHP Code:
     // Figure out which cURL we will be using - rtw819

$this->VIAKLIX_NONPHP_CURL = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_USE_PHP_CURL == 'True') ? 1); // 1 = NOT using PHP based curl

$this->MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_CURL_BINARY=(MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_CURL_BINARY == 'NONE' '' MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_CURL_BINARY); 
    and changed the USE_PHP_CURL == 'TRUE')? 0: 1);

to

USE_PHP_CURL == 'TRUE')? 0:0);

Thanks for the great commenting in the module it helps PHP newbs like myself to make sense of it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcfra420 View Post
    I just installed the module for a store I am finishing up. I had a slight issue with the type of cURL that is being used, so I contacted the module developer. He was actually kind enough to contact me quickly, and gave plenty of info that allowed me to get it working perfectly.

Just to go over my issue, to help anyone else. I just had to run his php script (it is safe everyone) and it gave me the cURL info I needed. I then wen t to line #54 in the viaklix.php file:

PHP Code:
     // Figure out which cURL we will be using - rtw819

$this->VIAKLIX_NONPHP_CURL = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_USE_PHP_CURL == 'True') ? 1); // 1 = NOT using PHP based curl

$this->MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_CURL_BINARY=(MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_CURL_BINARY == 'NONE' '' MODULE_PAYMENT_VIAKLIX_CURL_BINARY); 
    and changed the USE_PHP_CURL == 'TRUE')? 0: 1);

to

USE_PHP_CURL == 'TRUE')? 0:0);

Thanks for the great commenting in the module it helps PHP newbs like myself to make sense of it.
    Hello, and thanks for the kind words! Always happy to help.

Just a quick point of clarification - jc's message is in reference to the viaKLIX module, not the VM module. (Even though they are very similar, they are distinctly different.) The issue revolves around the selection for whether or not your web host has an available PHP-based cURL installation, and is similar for both modules - even though the code and variables are different. The module config also gives you the option to choose a binary executable cURL (in case it may be newer, or a different version, or for any other reason of your choosing.)

I have made a few additional minor tweaks to the curl_version.php script and have attached it below for your consumption. This little script will tell you if and which cURL options your web server has available. It's slightly more useful than the previous versions.

Here's a quick HOW-TO for setting up cURL for the KLIX and VM modules:

So to break this issue down further, the selection option to A) use PHP with libcurl ("TRUE" option) or B) use a binary executable curl program ("FALSE" option) is a Database Flag which is set in the Admin ViaKLIX configuration section. You must manually make the proper module configuration selections based on your web server's capabilities. A code change (as jc described above) is NOT required to fix this. I would recommend using the process below:

1.) Determine WHICH version of cURL your web host has available (see curl_version.php below) This is an important step which will determine which configuration options you will need to set in the Zen Admin panel.

2a.) In the event PHP CURL was found:
    - Go to your store's Admin page, select Payment Modules, Click to select the viaKLIX/VM module, click the Edit Button, and then Select the "Use PHP Curl?" radio button to indicate TRUE instead of FALSE. Leave the "cURL Executable Path" set to "NONE". Then, click the Update button at the bottom of the column, and viola, you are set to use your web host's PHP-based cURL. The module is set up to use PHP-based curl by default, and warns you if it is not found. Action will be required if this is the case.

2b.) In the event PHP CURL was NOT found and a binary curl version was found:
    - If PHP cURL is NOT found, you will need to change your viaKLIX/VM Admin configs accordingly, and you will also need to know the LOCATION of the binary executable curl program in this case ( such as /usr/bin/curl )
    - Go to your store's Admin page, select Payment Modules, Click to select the viaKLIX/VM module, click the Edit Button, and then Select the "Use PHP Curl?" radio button to indicate FALSE instead of the default. Enter the binary executable found under the "cURL Executable Path" fill-in option (originally set to "NONE"). Then click the Update button at the bottom of the column, and viola, you are set to use command-line binary Non-PHP-based cURL.

3.) If NO cURL versions were found, contact your web hosting provider or systems administrator and ask them to install a curl package on your web host.

4.) If your cURL configuration options are selected and entered correctly in the viaKLIX/VM Admin panel, and the module still is not able to communicate with the payment gateway server, it is possible that your web server/host may need to have Proxy Settings configured for outbound web access from the webserver. Contact your web hosting provider or systems administrator to find out if your webserver needs outbound proxy server settings to access the internet, and what those settings may need to be.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Ive been working at this for about 4 hours now. Ive checked, rechecked and then double checked and now my brain is doubled over.
    I keep getting this error........
    Code:
    4002 - HTTP Trans Not Allowed
    What simplistic thing am I missing here.
    Ive double checked curl, passwords, user and virtual user id's phpcurl as well as binary, still the same error.

Going Bald
    Bill

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSouthFishing View Post
    Ive been working at this for about 4 hours now. Ive checked, rechecked and then double checked and now my brain is doubled over.
    I keep getting this error........
    Code:
    4002 - HTTP Trans Not Allowed
    What simplistic thing am I missing here.
    Ive double checked curl, passwords, user and virtual user id's phpcurl as well as binary, still the same error.

Going Bald
    Bill
    Log in to VM, at the top mouse over Terminal, then Advanced, then System Setup. Click 'Enable HTTP Trans'

Page 37 of their user guide (not the dev guide)
    https://www.myvirtualmerchant.com/Vi.../userGuide.pdf

Voila!
    [FONT="Georgia"]Samuel Turnmire[/FONT]
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]co-Founder[/FONT]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]geekFoundry[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Hello All!

I just posted a new version (v1.2) of the VM module with a few minor fixes, and some further additional debugging for extreme cases. It should be available soon.

I've updated the documentation and installation instructions included in the Readme.txt file to hopefully eliminate some confusion. This should be useful for everyone. I've also bundled an updated curl_version.php script with this new release for cURL related troubleshooting purposes.

So all in all, just a few minor feature updates, very minor fixes, and the "super" debug mode, nothing that can't wait until you have some down time available.

Happy Holidays!!

Todd

Plugin Contributions

ThePatch.....
    Awesome help and many thousand thanks. That was exactly the issue putting the correct referrer in.
    Im not sure how I had missed that unless I was just overly frusterated in finding answers.
    Thousands of thanks, and if you happen to live in the southeast US give me a shout and I can hook you up with some fishing rodeo tickets or event passes.

Thanks
    Bill

Plugin Contributions

ThePatch.....
    Awesome help and many thousand thanks. That was exactly the issue putting the correct referrer in.
    Im not sure how I had missed that unless I was just overly frusterated in finding answers.
    Thousands of thanks, and if you happen to live in the southeast US give me a shout and I can hook you up with some fishing rodeo tickets or event passes.

Thanks
    Bill

Well I do live in the SE, Knoxville, TN to be exact. You know living hear you can't help but be into \ know about fishing & rodeos . . . but I don't know that I've ever heard of a Fishing Rodeo? However the visions it places in my head are quite funny!

Glad to be of help!

Plugin Contributions

Never heard of a Fishing Rodeo..........NOW thats funny. They have been around for decades and decades. Its actually mucho grande bucks along the GulfCoast here.
    Ours will have over $30k in cash plus prizes, entertainment, kids rodeo, offshor, nearshore, bank only, and a freshwater tournament along with over a dozen Jackpots.
    DeepSouth Fishing Rodeo
    be sure to check out the store while at the site and let me know what you think.
    Bill

Plugin Contributions

Never heard of a Fishing Rodeo..........NOW thats funny. They have been around for decades and decades. Its actually mucho grande bucks along the GulfCoast here.
    Ours will have over $30k in cash plus prizes, entertainment, kids rodeo, offshor, nearshore, bank only, and a freshwater tournament along with over a dozen Jackpots.
    DeepSouth Fishing Rodeo
    be sure to check out the store while at the site and let me know what you think.
    Bill
    Ahh . . . I've always called those tournaments. I have been awoken many a mornin while camping at Douglass Lake in Sevier County to the tune of some 30-50 boats taking off from the slip.

Plugin Contributions

Yea same basis. Fishing Rodeo's have multiple tournaments within the main event.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast