Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Virtual Merchant module

OK, so I am setting up this payment module on ZC 1.3.8, and ran into the referrer problem - it seems that the module sets the referrer to the global variable "HTTPS_SERVER", i.e., "http://yoursite.com". NOVA software support says that the referrer can't just be "http://yoursite.com" (even if that's entered as an Authorized Referrer in Virtual Merchant) - it needs to be the whole URL, including the filename - "http://yoursite.com/index.php" or whatever. Setting CURLOPT_REFERER manually in includes/modules/payment/virtualmerchant.php (line 590) makes it work. Sounds like we need another patch.

Great module, though, thanks to the author!

david

Plugin Contributions

Great contribution! I read the thread and the README and don't see if it's possible to process the cards through the VM module ad-hoc at a later time (not when the order is processed). Our site takes orders for an event, not for products. The cards are only charged if the enrollment target is set.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Okay before I dive into installing, signing up and such.....does anyone use Elavon with the virtual terminal (for free) with 1.3.8a with complete success. How much work am I looking at?
    Elavon won't say that zen cart is compatible so I am a little afraid of having to pay the $400 cancelation fee and never even get to use it!
    any info would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone provide me with test account of myvirtualpayment so that i can use it for testing purpose???

thanks

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a hard time configuring this module.

I am trying to process orders through and I get Credit Card Processing Error: 4012 - VID/UID Invalid.

Merchant Number - Is this suppose to be the 801###... or the 7 digit number??

User ID - is this either webpage or website or is it the 7 digit number?

User PIN - I'm assuming this is the pin on the site setup?

Plugin Contributions

New Zenner,

I actually just got this module up and running this evening in my local dev environment. To answer your question about the test credit card info. I called VM and they gave me a number to test with.

With regard to the values you're using to configure the VM module. It looks like you have everything correct except for the Merchant Number. For Merchant Number you'll actually want to put in your account ID. Apparently this is a fairly common mistake.

I also made one small modification to the virtualmerchant.php to accomodate the test credit card number they gave me. It's a hack but at least it allows me to test. I also can't think of a reason I shouldn't do this. I'll likely comment it out after I've moved to production and feel confident everything is working as it should.

Inside pre_confirmation_check within virtualmerchant.php I added the following code:

if($_POST['virtualmerchant_cc_number'] == '<your test card number here>')
    {
    $result = 1;
    }
    else
    {
    $result = $cc_validation->validate($_POST['virtualmerchant_cc_number'], $_POST['virtualmerchant_cc_expires_month'], $_POST['virtualmerchant_cc_expires_year']);
    }

Plugin Contributions

I read through the thread and I'm trying to wrap my head around what exactly DCC is and what the issues are with foreign currency, but my problem is that we've been getting errors when people not in the U.S. are trying to make purchases (countries like Norway, Sweden, Australia and a few others). Hopefully someone will be tipped off as to what's wrong. I'll try to provided as much information as I can about the problem.

Zen cart version: 1.3.8
    VM enhanced payment gateway module version: 1.2
    Error in log file: UNRECOGNIZED RESPONSE

Transactions from the U.S. are working just fine. One person that emailed customer support said that he tried paying in U.S. Dollars but that still didn't work. We have quite a few log files with these failed transaction, but I'm not sure which parts of the log files will be most helpful and which pieces of data I need to scrub before posting. If someone can let me know about that I can post the errors.

Also, we called Virtual Merchant and they said they're not getting any of the transactions that are saying failed - no error, no request or anything - supposedly it never gets to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by freeohio View Post
    Great contribution! I read the thread and the README and don't see if it's possible to process the cards through the VM module ad-hoc at a later time (not when the order is processed). Our site takes orders for an event, not for products. The cards are only charged if the enrollment target is set.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi freeohio,

Thanks!! Sorry, the module is not capable of a store-and-process-later configuration as it is written as that was not the intended purpose of this module. Its purpose is to provide a real time authorization and approval of credit card transactions at customer checkout through the VM web terminal, and does NOT store the credit card number. There are other modules that can be used which will store the card number, although I don't recommend it. You could run the stored transactions (from the generic CC module) manually later as it sounds like what you are doing anyway?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dchardy View Post
    OK, so I am setting up this payment module on ZC 1.3.8, and ran into the referrer problem -
    Setting CURLOPT_REFERER manually in includes/modules/payment/virtualmerchant.php (line 590) makes it work. Sounds like we need another patch.

Great module, though, thanks to the author!

david
    Hi David,

Thanks!! I can add this as a To-Do for the next release of the module...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by glennba View Post
    I also made one small modification to the virtualmerchant.php to accomodate the test credit card number they gave me. It's a hack but at least it allows me to test. I also can't think of a reason I shouldn't do this. I'll likely comment it out after I've moved to production and feel confident everything is working as it should.

Inside pre_confirmation_check within virtualmerchant.php I added the following code:
    Depending on the card number(s) being used -- test or otherwise -- you may have to update / override the valid CC prefix list in cc_validation.php, which is where the CC validation routine happens. Valid card prefixes (and perhaps special/test numbers?) should be listed there first, at least in my thoughts. This would do in a pinch though.

Thanks!

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast