Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customs Products Description

The amount of customization in that product info page is beyond the scope of a forum post. You need to start with basic aspects of the layout, and ask for help if you need to figure something out, or post in Commercial Help Wanted to have someone build it for you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customizing Product Description Text Formatting on Category Page

1st time poster only because this forum is excellent!!! Ive been using ZC for about 2 weeks & this is a killer resource - especially for us that are new to the e-commerce arena! Now that thats out of the way...

Glenn, your code to customize a product description worked like a charm - THANK YOU!.... the only thing that is giving me any issues is that my new description that is displayed on my main product page needs to be placed in the original description location. currently it displays under my image & not right justified to the image like the original description... i know that this is prob an easy fix but I havent come across a solution for it... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Once again THANKS for all who have kept this forum alive because it has been a lifesaver for newbies like myself!!!

oh yea BTW im using ZC 1.3.9b
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

I guess part of being comfortable with ZC is just sometimes diving in head first (of course having a good backup helps with my confidence to make drastic changes) so I braved the .php & was able to get the description in the correct place! I just followed my instincts & removed the original product description code & put mine in its place & taaa-daaa! Thanks again to everyone who helps answer our questions as I have gained so much insight from all the posters here!!! Thanks again for making this forum the ultimate resource for ZC!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi - i've been trying to get this working today and it seemed to work like a dream.. until i realised that some of the products seemed to disappear entirely... it might be coincidence but i think the issue is with Linked products.

I added this to my CSS... which if i remove resolves the missing products problem but did work with hiding the right bit of description:-

#productGeneral .productDescList, #productDesc1, #productDesc2 { display: none; }

#productDescription1 #productDesc1 { display: block; } /*or inline*/

#productDescription2 #productDesc2 { display: block; }

Any ideas??

Plugin Contributions

That bit of code and the product listing/info code in general can't distinguish linked products from unlinked ones, so I think that is a red herring.
    Seeing your site live (with the styling in place) might help to diagnose the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I've added the code back in for a short while (not keen to leave it there as it means visitors aren't seeing all the products...)

At least you can see a bit more what i mean...

i added: #productGeneral .productDescList, #productDesc1, #productDesc2 { display: none; }

#productDescription1 #productDesc1 { display: block; } /*or inline*/

#productDescription2 #productDesc2 { display: block; }

to the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Don't know where your site is to look at it...

Plugin Contributions

Hmmn - it gets worse. I just noticed that my Babies/Gifts section also appears to have died... there are products in the category but they don't show up in the product listing and the right sidebar disappears.... i cant see how this would be linked to my addition to the product_info file though!

Plugin Contributions

Apologies - it is www.jambaroo.co.uk

http://www.jambaroo.co.uk/babies/gifts-gift-boxes shows my missing products entirely... and http://www.jambaroo.co.uk/babies/t-shirts-tops-jumpers shows my issue where its not showing all the products!

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

An edit to product_listing.php that caused a PHP fatal error would cut off the page output just as seen in gifts-gift-boxes. The curious thing is that it does not happen with all categories. What is the content of the first product description (or maybe we need to see the text for all of them) in the category that is malfunctioning? What is your setting for Configuration > Product Listing > Display Product Description ?

Adding CSS (even with errors) to your stylesheet could not cut off the HTML page output in view source.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast