Plugin Contributions

Default What Does Enable_ssl_catalog Do? (Can you explain the given answer)

I was trying to work out what ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG does in the /admin/includes/configure.php and came across the same question in the archives.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...LE_SSL_CATALOG
    It makes the user browse the catalog in SSL mode when they are logged into their account. ::tup
    OK so my thoughts were this means:
    a) the entire shop is in SSL but surely that is a function of the /includes/configure.php file
    b) the online catalog option from the admin panel is in SSL.
    c) the Catalog / Products option from the admin panel would be in SSL.

I've enabled SSL as per FAQ and everything works but I can't figure what the ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG actually did.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What Does Enable_ssl_catalog Do? (Can you explain the given answer)

Quote Originally Posted by silslendir View Post
    I've enabled SSL as per FAQ and everything works but I can't figure what the ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG actually did.
    Basically, ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG simply tells the admin that if it ever has to generate a link to something on the storefront, that it should use SSL to do so where appropriate. There are very few places where this happens in the admin, and thus it's almost a moot issue. However, the side-effect of it is that the admin 'knows' that SSL is or is not enabled in the storefront and that "could" potentially be used for other things besides generating links.

More importantly, is there a problem, or is this just a question?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What Does Enable_ssl_catalog Do? (Can you explain the given answer)

Appreciate the reply. Sorry if I gave the impression it was a fault. I was just trying to understand the parameter (you know I hate to turn something on if I don't know what it is doing). I take your point about its potential usage too.

Thanks I'm all done.