Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Delete all products?

how do I delete all products from my zencart store without actually going through each one? My store has 18000+ products, I need to delete all of them so I can reinstall them with the proper format...I installed ez populate, and uploaded all of them but left a single space in the image URL so none of the images show up...I need to go in delete all the old products and resubmit with the updated info...please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Delete all products?

I would think just clear the item tables on your SQL database. I haven't done it myself but I would assume that would be the easiest solution. Don't delete the whole database! =P

Plugin Contributions

If you have access to the mysql database via like phpmyadmin you can just EMPTY the products table. You will need to make sure the same is done for Specials also if the were linked just to keep consistancy.

I dont advise editing via mysql so do so at your own risk

You could just delete the categories the products are in, then re-create the categories.
    I've just done this for exactly the same reasons as you, but it was easy as there was only one category. If you have many, it may not be so practical?
    hth
    Pa

Plugin Contributions

It seems like a lot of work to have to go through just remove a single space.

You could easily accomplish the goal of removing the space either with MySQL or PHP ...

BrandTim

Plugin Contributions

is there a way to delete all the products from my webpage http://mauricedoodysales.ie/
    without bringing up the error message, partially deleted items in database?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart v1.5.1, new install on about 2/4/2013
    Plugins: Local Sales Tax Mod, Easy Populate CSV

I want to delete all the products and categories. I loaded the test data with my install, but want to remove it all and start fresh with Easy Populate CSV. I have access to phpMyAdmin and am comfortable with using it, but do not what to truncate any tables that I shouldn't, or not truncate tables that I should. I am hoping there is a cleaner way than truncating a bunch of tables, but I can do it if I know which ones need to emptied.

The ones that I feel like need to be truncated are:
    zencart_categories
    zencart_categories_description
    zencart_products
    zencart_products_attributes
    zencart_products_attributes_download
    zencart_products_description
    zencart_products_discount_quantity
    zencart_products_options
    zencart_products_options_values
    zencart_products_options_values_to_products_options
    zencart_products_to_categories
    Not sure about zencart_product_types & zencart_product_types_to_category

Is my list correct? Are there some in there that shouldn't be emptied? Are there others that should?

I hope there's someone still watching this thread since it was started so long ago. If I don't hear something in a couple of days, I will re-post as a new thread.

Thanks,
    Alisa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The SMARTEST way is to run zc_install and set it up as if it's a new site. That'll give you a truly fresh clean database, and you can be confident that you've cleared all the things you ought to.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

would that mean that I will loose the 2 plugins and the template I've installed, plus all the changes to the template?

Thanks,
    Alisa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Running zc_install and redoing the "install" portion will replace the *database* contents. It will not touch all the .php files you've uploaded.
    It *will* reset any admin settings you've changed, but there probably weren't many of those so the impact of that would be minimal.

Another thing to consider: there's nothing wrong with having two copies of Zen Cart running: one for testing and one for "live". You might consider setting up another database for live site (I'm assuming that your desire to wipe out demo products means that you're ready to start entering products into your store in preparation for going live).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast