Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

customer issue Re: Would Love To Use Zen Cart

Well thanks to all. I love my Google site and think I would like the Google Checkout if I could get a shopping cart going. I have spent quite a bit of time getting all of this setup. I don't want anything that requires a great deal of time or expense. Just a simple database/shopping cart and hopefully with the tools I already own. I have all of the files downloaded but have been unable to setup the cart. I guess I thought there would be a magic button or file in there which open it up for me. And that somehow Zen Cart and Google would get it together as it appeared they were now offering Google Checkout on Zen Cart and vice versa. I like the appearance of Zen Cart which seems blend in with my scheme and it appears really functional. Maybe later..........

www.fitnessbymarilyn.com

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Would Love To Use Zen Cart

FYI: Google is now a hosting site with domain registration. It is not an instant website but bare bones (no bells/whistles or flashing lights) The programs are designed to be professional (Premium) for educational/non profit (free), IT and corporations NOT for free. There is a free version for home and small business which is more than ample for most people. The Google Apps (Page creator) is a full fledged editor and the program uploads it's own pages and files as with Frontpage and I assume Dreamweaver and most others. It is NOT ftp. New features are added often now including Google Checkout for Zen Cart your upgrade 1.4 which is what I had downloaded. A tech on Google Checkout Zen Cart suggested uploading the upgrade first and to separate drectories. That is why you use Google is because you are automatically spidered and ranked and promoted plus a lot of Google gadgets are plugins.....

I would like to get a new complete version with Google Checkout as with the Pay Pal one....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Would Love To Use Zen Cart

There is a Google Checkout mod for Zen Cart which as far as I know works. But unless or until Google allows you to use FTP and a MySQL database, Zen Cart cannot be properly run and maintained on the service you describe.

Plugin Contributions

Okay thanks so much for your help! I thought I could make my own database as spreadsheet (Google) or something and upload as have with some files but it is just too big. I had the same problem when I was using Pay Pal but my host then was on Apache and had these tools. I wonder if there will ever be a full version Zen Cart for Google Checkout as with Pay Pal.....

Plugin Contributions

Ok, Please read this slowly

Google is free hosting that dosnt support php or mysql, ( required by zen cart )

you can however use zen cart with google checkout,
    this is available,
    however you have to FIRST get a host that will let you run the software needed

once you have ZC installed you can drop inth e google checkout module,

this will let users go to your DYNAMIC store and put items in cart,
    when they are ready to checkout they can simply hit the google checkout button on the shopping cart,

voila zen cart and google checkout all wrapped into one
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12