Plugin Contributions

Default Downloads expiration - money order ?

I've searched the forum and read some of the posts on this topic. I also have the ZC book and read what it has to say but I'm still not quite clear on this topic.

The scenario is that we had a customer purchase a product with a money order. The money order was received yesterday so we went in to the order and changed it's status to "Delivered" with the assumption this would now make her download available. However the customer later reported that when she attempted to perform the download, she received a message the download was expired.

The exact steps followed on the admin side were:

Order->Edit->Select "Delivered" from the dropdown list->Click the Update button.

First question is this the proper procedure to use in order to make the download available? I'm a little confused because some of the threads and the book seem to mention performing an update. I don't know if that refers to selecting "Update" from the dropdown or simply any action involving clicking the Update button.

The other thing that I notice from the Orders detail page in the admin area is that browsing through orders going back a month or more is the download status for all orders is green. I hadn't really paid attention before last night when I started to research this last night. But since downloads are set to expire in three days, should not the download status for those older orders be yellow?

I double checked the admin/orders.php file with a text compare to the stock ZC 1.37 files to see if any changes may have been made to the file. The one in production and the stock file are identical. The version in place is:

* @version $Id: orders.php 5426 2006-12-28 14:58:57Z drbyte $

Thanks in advance for any help or advice on this.

stage

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloads expiration - money order ?

That is what the Orders Status Update (orders_status 4) is for ...

Sometimes on Money Order or other delayed release the date will expire ...

Switch to Update ... this will reset the downloads ... then switch to Delivered ...

NOTE: you can email the add comments and/or email the customer on either or both of these changes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for that clarification. Should I be at all concerned about all the status lights for all orders displaying "Green"? Is that normal?

Plugin Contributions

Where are you seeing green?

I sorta have a lot of green status lights running about ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

From my original post:

The other thing that I notice from the Orders detail page in the admin area is that browsing through orders going back a month or more is that the download status for all orders is green. I hadn't really paid attention before last night when I started to research this last night. But since downloads are set to expire in three days, should not the download status for those older orders be yellow?
    Just wondering if this is a concern or if it's normal?

thanks,
    stage

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Where are you seeing green?
    I believe Ajeh was asking for clarification on 'where' you're seeing green.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

One thing you could be looking at is this itty bitty bug on the Order when you edit it and it looks like a green dot is there next to a Download file that is actually expired ...

But I bet in then upcoming Zen Cart v1.3.8 that the ol' green dot will turn magically into a yellow dot when the Download expires ...

Some call this a, umm ... er ... unexpected feature ...

Others might call it a wee bit of a bug ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I believe Ajeh was asking for clarification on 'where' you're seeing green.
    Ok, sorry I missed the joke :) I would certainly like to find some green :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    One thing you could be looking at is this itty bitty bug on the Order when you edit it and it looks like a green dot is there next to a Download file that is actually expired ...

But I bet in then upcoming Zen Cart v1.3.8 that the ol' green dot will turn magically into a yellow dot when the Download expires ...

Some call this a, umm ... er ... unexpected feature ...

Others might call it a wee bit of a bug ...
    Cool, a itty bitty bug I can live with :)