Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ADMIN page wont load at all! (Windows Bug in PHP 5.2.4)

I just installed zencart on IIS6. The page will load fine (Regualr site) but the admin page wont load at all. It seems like it is stuck in an endless loop as IE will act as the page is loading, but it will just sit there. Blank white screen... I tried reconfiguring it 3 times, reinstalling, changing out config files, etc... but nothign seems to be working. Can someone please help? I am out of ideas!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ADMIN page wont load at all! HELP!

Blank screens are typically a result of a PHP syntax error, often caused by incomplete files or incorrect coding changes.

If you just installed, then perhaps your FTP upload didn't handle all files completely/correctly. This is the cause of about 80% of website problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Its not a blank screen as the page never finishes loading...the page continues to load and load and load (IE shows it as loading in the loading bar)... I will try and download the entire package again and see of that helps. Part of me feels it is a configuration error... thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't normally see that happen.

The server's error log may help diagnose things.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you using IIS just as a simple test on a local computer, or is that your primary hosting platform for live sites?

Plugin Contributions

Greetings and salutations...I'm having this EXACT same error on the admin page. Installed ZenCart tonight. The storefront itself works like a charm, but the admin page just hangs and hangs. This is on a live box that I'm trying to get up and running.

Interestingly it runs just fine on my dev box.

I was thinking of a config issue as well?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rwuhrman View Post
    Interestingly it runs just fine on my dev box.

I was thinking of a config issue as well?
    Yes, it's most likely a config issue causing the session not to start properly. What are the PHP configuration differences between the two servers?
    If you've got SSL enabled, try disabling it. Perhaps the domain name isn't getting set into the cookie properly because of a bad SSL setup.
    Also check cookie restrictions, esp for session cookies.

Also, when you installed on the live server, did you install fresh, or was it a copy of what you'd been using on your dev server? Fresh installs are always better.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I'm really trying to uncover this issue, but can't find it. Here are some more details. No SSL is running on the site right now. I did not choose the SSL options during install. Also, when going to http://www.domainname.com/admin/index.php it basically seems to hang for awhile while loading index.php *then* it actually finishes hanging and stops on login.php with a browser error saying the page Problem Loading Page.

Some more detail...
    -The zenAdminID cookie looks like it's being set when browsing to the admin area (my tells me so)
    -I am able to login and register just fine in the storefront itself, then browse around just fine
    -I've gone and just to make sure enabled write access for the iuser account

What could the difference be between the storefront and the admin area that would cause this?

I'm used to web programming in the microsoft world, and before that perl many years ago, but this is my first foray into dealing with setting up a php-based solution so I''ll admit upfront I'm not a whiz at all the configuration details. That said, I love this concept, just hoping I can get it to work as well as it's working on my dev system. Is there some way to trace the execution of the scripts in PHP or some other ways to understand where it might be hanging up?

I have PHP 5.1, mySQL 5.1, and ZenCart 1.3.7. This is a Windows 2003 box.

ONE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEV and LIVE:
    I have dev running PHP as an ISAPI, and live is running PHP through cgi. I read it's better to run PHP on Windows through CGI though to get better error handling. Correct? Could this be the problem though?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rwuhrman View Post
    I have PHP 5.1, mySQL 5.1, and ZenCart 1.3.7. This is a Windows 2003 box.

ONE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEV and LIVE:
    I have dev running PHP as an ISAPI, and live is running PHP through cgi. I read it's better to run PHP on Windows through CGI though to get better error handling. Correct? Could this be the problem though?
    I didn't think you could run PHP as ISAPI under Windows.
    If you can change it, you'll likely find differences. Running PHP as CGI has often caused grief for many folks.

Additionally, your PHP 5.1 version is quite old. 5.2.x is out, and contains numerous bugfixes and is much more stable than 5.1 was.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem I'm useing latest ver. of PHP, latest ver. mysql, lastest ver. zen cart it will not load the admin page. It just sits there and loads and loads and loads. I when threw every step in correcting php till I got all green checks on the install except cgi - php but it said to agnore if using iis. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, rebooted, etc. I own the web server so I have all the controll as far as a web host. What ever you need to see I will post. "This is killing me." I have hours apon hours trying to fix this. The only reason I have not droped this an moved on to a new product is it looks so cool. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast