Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ADMIN page wont load at all! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by shanescy View Post
    I have the same problem I'm useing latest ver. of PHP, latest ver. mysql, lastest ver. zen cart it will not load the admin page. It just sits there and loads and loads and loads. I when threw every step in correcting php till I got all green checks on the install except cgi - php but it said to agnore if using iis. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, rebooted, etc. I own the web server so I have all the controll as far as a web host. What ever you need to see I will post. "This is killing me." I have hours apon hours trying to fix this. The only reason I have not droped this an moved on to a new product is it looks so cool. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!
    I've never been an IIS fan ... but some swear by it ...

Anyway, what operating system are you running?
    Is this server running in your home? or from a datacenter?
    I know you said you're running "the latest ver" of lotsa things ... can you please list those specific versions? ... PHP, MySQL, IIS, etc?
    Can you share a URL to the site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: ADMIN page wont load at all! HELP!

I have the same problem I'm useing latest ver. of PHP, latest ver. mysql, lastest ver. zen cart it will not load the admin page. It just sits there and loads and loads and loads. I when threw every step in correcting php till I got all green checks on the install except cgi - php but it said to agnore if using iis. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, rebooted, etc. I own the web server so I have all the controll as far as a web host. What ever you need to see I will post. "This is killing me." I have hours apon hours trying to fix this. The only reason I have not droped this an moved on to a new product is it looks so cool. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

Exactly the same problem here too. We own the webserver so have full control of it.

We tried with PHP 5.2.1, 5.2.3 and 5.2.4. Zencart is version 1.3.7 and MySQL 5.045. When trying to go to the admin page, IE7 just hangs on trying to load the page and stays blank.

Firefox 2 on the other hand, after a few seconds, prints an error message basically saying that it has detected an infinite loop in page redirect and stops trying.

We really tried everything, modified both the configure.php, the physical paths, reinstalled, upgraded, disabled the version check update (in both ways described in the FAQ), downloaded PEAR packages, Register-Globals On/Off, erased the browsers cache and forced to accept cookies from the website, gave full control to almost every directory in the zencart directory... nada... nothing seems to work.
    We are on a Win2003 with IIS 6.0 and PHP Fast-CGI... and running out of ideas.

ARGH....

Plugin Contributions

Server 2003 enterprize, PHP 5.2.4, MYSQL 5.0.45, ZC 1.3.7, IIS 6, not sure of the vertion number but the newest vertion of fast CGI. I'm a die hard IIS fan because I know 0 about linux. I've tryed over and over but I can seem to work it. But I have only tryed Fadora and kanppoix. Anyway I have look all over this site and I found a user with the same problem and the contacted there ISP and they added some kind of CGI support and boom it worked for them. That was the reason for the latest fast CGI upgrade. The temporary link to my site is ecom.itwv.net. Here is a few question I should add what mode should my MYSQL be in? I know nothing about that I would much rather use MSSQL but I can't seem to get that to work with this thing. In zen cart should I be running cache mode? If so what should it be set to database or file. If you what to know how this is making me feel look at this smile - Thank you for helping.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't have a solution for your Win2003 server situation.
    Instead, I offer the following information which may help you assess your situation further:

The admin login works like this:

1. check to see if currently logged in
    2. if logged in, just go to the page requested
    3. if not logged in, it redirects to the admin login.php
    4. to log in requires that valid credentials are supplied, so checks supplied info
    5. if invalid, displays error message
    6. if valid, sets PHP session variables so we know we're logged in
    7. to set and use any session variables, a session cookie needs to be set, and must match the domain name associated with the admin area.

The most common cause of admin logins failing is sessions not starting properly. Common causes of sessions not starting include invalid domain names in session cookies, as well as PHP versions not supporting sessions properly (but then the storefront would be a problem too).

Common causes of session cookies not getting set include:
    - mismatched domain names between what the cookie gets vs the admin URL
    - popup/cookie blockers in browser and/or firewall
    - using homegrown webservers instead of commercial servers (sorry, this isn't meant to be a "dig" ... it's just true)

I even encounter the problem occasionally when using XAMPP locally on Windows XP. Usually it's resolved by turning off my firewall software's "block referrer" and "block session cookies" settings for "localhost" since that's the domain/URL in that case.

That said, I can say that (even though I seldom use it) my very basic Win2003 server setup (IIS6, PHP 5.2.0, MySQL 5.x) doesn't encounter what you're describing.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well darn i guess I will have to try some thing else. I have not ever seen a login except to try to setup a store account but it says something about email not setup right. Anyhow I'm beond so I will keep checking back to see if anyone can figure this out because I'm lost. I've tryed every thing older vertions of sql, php, ZC so I guess there's nothing else to try but set here and see if anyone else can get it. But I just don't know what that is. Thank for trying.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: ADMIN page wont load at all! HELP!

I'd just like to chime in that I'm experiencing the same issue with:
    - Windows Server 2003
    - IIS6
    - MySQL 5.0.45
    - PHP 5.2.4
    - fastCGI (I also tried regular CGI)
    - Zen Cart 1.3.7

PHP sessions and cookies seem to be working fine with the following test script:

PHP Code:
    // Session test
    session_start();
    $_SESSION['test'] = "Session ID:";
    echo 
    $_SESSION['test'] . ":" session_id();

// Cookie test
    if (isset($_COOKIE["user"])) {
      echo 
    "Welcome " $_COOKIE["user"] . "!<br />";

setcookie("user"""time()-3600);
    } else {

setcookie("user""Jim Brown"time()+3600);

I have no problem with digging into the code a bit where zen grabs its zen ID to try to get this fixed if someone could point me in the right direction.

Linux and Apache are my platforms of choice. However, this organization uses Windows on its servers, so I'd like to get this running if possible.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you PM me with FTP access information so I can run some tests ?

Plugin Contributions

email error Re: ADMIN page wont load at all! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Can you PM me with FTP access information so I can run some tests ?
    You have mail.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Server 2003 enterprize, PHP 5.2.4, MYSQL 5.0.45, ZC 1.3.7, IIS 6, not sure of the vertion number but the newest vertion of fast CGI. I'm a die hard IIS fan because I know 0 about linux. I've tryed over and over but I can seem to work it. But I have only tryed Fadora and kanppoix. Anyway I have look all over this site and I found a user with the same problem and the contacted there ISP and they added some kind of CGI support and boom it worked for them. That was the reason for the latest fast CGI upgrade. The temporary link to my site is ecom.itwv.net.
    I'm puzzled about why your server is returning "/admin/login.php/admin/login.php" for the PHP_SELF value instead of just the normal "/admin/login.php". The doubling-up is puzzling, and is exactly what's causing the problem.

Your server has a space in its docroot. I'm not sure if that's a contributor or not.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm puzzled about why your server is returning "/admin/login.php/admin/login.php" for the PHP_SELF value instead of just the normal "/admin/login.php". The doubling-up is puzzling, and is exactly what's causing the problem.

Your server has a space in its docroot. I'm not sure if that's a contributor or not.
    I checked PHP_SELF in a simple test script on my laptop which is also exhibiting the same symptoms (IIS7 on Vista w/ PHP 5.2.4 running Zen Cart 1.3.7), and it does the same thing:

/test.php/test.php

Note that there is no space in the my docroot though (c:\inetpub\wwwroot).

After digging, this is a PHP 5.2.4 Windows bug with a patch available in CVS:
    http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=42523

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast