Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just not making it happen - Easy Propagate

Quote Originally Posted by aPurpleMonkey.com View Post
    Is your admin directory *really* called "adminep"?
    Hi Ron,
    Thanks for the reply. In answer to your question YES the admin folder that ep is in has been renames adminep. This was not to conflict with the admin folder in Zen cart. I did this taking from the reading of the instructions for install that the ep should be in the root of your store directory. That's the only problem with some software install instructions. At time they give you just enough information that you have to make some asumptions. After 19 years of watching software changes you about seen it written in every way so whos to say whats right when your not sure. That why I've always been a hardware guy want you PC or printer fixed no problem. But to have time to play on both sides of the fence. Just not enough hours in the day it seems.
    Anyway Structure of files are.
    Root directory
    My domain directory
    Zen cart Directory
    adminep Directory - the root files for ep are in the Zen cart folder where adminep sits.

Well if you can shed some light on my delema I would would be greatful. Otherwise I will be stuck to hand enter this datawhich will take a long time so I need to get started at it. I burned up a whole week fighting with the sofware and making this work and I cant do that again. Someones gotta mind the shop.
    If you have more questions just let me know what you need.
    Thanks againg for the help,
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

That's the answer then - the admin files of ep go in the admin directory of Zen Cart.

For future reference, no add-on module (as far as I'm aware) has it's OWN admin directory

From the EP1.2.5.4 installation instructions
    1) Change the name of the "admin" directory in this package to suit your zencart installation
    This means that if you had renamed your ZC admin for security purposes then you would need to rename the EP mod directory to match.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Thank you,
    That helps. Which file(s) hold the directory structure that ZP & EP look at and I'm to edit?
    I tried changing the admin folder name in ZC to make it secure and the store died, so I had to change it back. I'm sure I need to edit a path somewhere. I cant wait till my book arrives will be nice to have a full refference. Which file needs to be changed in EP to correct the path. Please show path location because i've seen same file names in different directories.
    Thanks for the help'
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maperr55 View Post
    Thank you,
    That helps. Which file(s) hold the directory structure that ZP & EP look at and I'm to edit?
    In the EP installation file: 4) Upload all files in their respective directories.

Those are the directories in which they presently are when you unzip the EP file.

I tried changing the admin folder name in ZC to make it secure and the store died, so I had to change it back. I'm sure I need to edit a path somewhere.
    Mark
    If you change the name of the admin directory, you also need to change the references to admin in the two configure files - you need change nothing in EP.

Plugin Contributions

Well I renamed the adminep folder and moved it into the ZC admin folder

I enter this in the browser;
    http://pcccomputer.com/zen-cart/admi...langer=install

and get this;

Warning: main(/includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/pcccompu/pcccomputer.com/zen-cart/admin/admin/easypopulate.php on line 105

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/PEAR') in /hsphere/local/home/pcccompu/pcccomputer.com/zen-cart/admin/admin/easypopulate.php on line 105

I've opened the EP.php files and looked at line 105 it is;

require_once ('/includes/application_top.php');

which this file is here.

??????????

Mark

Plugin Contributions

Why is "admin/admin/" ? Move all files and folders inside admin/admin to admin/
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

The only folder inside the admin/admin folder is includes and the easypopulate.php file do I allow the include folder to overwrite the files with same names in the admin and the admin/includes directory?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maperr55 View Post
    The only folder inside the admin/admin folder is includes and the easypopulate.php file do I allow the include folder to overwrite the files with same names in the admin and the admin/includes directory?
    I doubt that any file will be overwritten. Back up first then just ignore the warning.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

LISTEN UP!!!

Start again.

Unzip EP_v1.2.5.4.zip file which you downloaded to a directory named EasyPop

Within that you will have

admin directory
    temp directory
    history.txt
    Install.txt
    install.sql
    license.txt
    readme.txt

Simply upload the 2 directories and install.sql AS THEY ARE to the root directory of your store - the one where all your zencart directories/files reside.

With this mod there is no need to worry about overwriting files.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    This what I was saying the I have the store installed to a folder named zen-cart. In it is a admin folder and in it is a folder called includes with sub folders and files in them. EP also has the admin folder and it to has a includes folder with same file names as in the zen-cart/admin/incudes/... SO do I allow the include folder to overwrite the files with same names in the admin and the admin/includes directory?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast