Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax calculation below a threshold, ot_tax.php

Quote Originally Posted by donplay View Post
    Hi rorschach,

In NYC, I agree you are still charged NYS tax if it is in the clothing/apparel/shoes tax class, and the per-item (or pair) cost is $110. That's pretty clearly outlined in the links both of us posted from the NYS tax folks.
    Meant to say "cost is under $110" there...if it's under 110 there's no State tax...if it's 110 or above there is State tax. No NYC tax regardless as I said previously.

-Don

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys,

I would also like to know how to make tax apply only to orders over a certain amount? e.g. taxes only apply to orders over $1000?

This is easy enough for items that cost $2000 each, I just make them taxable products

But what about items that cost $500 each? If they buy 1 unit there is no tax, but if they buy 10 units then when they checkout it should add the tax at checkout so the total is $5000 + $500 = $5500

Even if someone is interested in doing this for a small fee it would really help us so please PM or get in touch

cheers,
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/

Plugin Contributions

I would also love to know how to code this. My client is requesting tax be added only on orders above a certain amount.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to bump my plea for help and add that I'm more than happy to compensate for someone's time. =)

Plugin Contributions

Don -- regarding the sales tax in NYS/NYC on clothing/shoes being taxed if over $110, you wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by donplay View Post
    We handled this by installing the Local Sales Tax mod authored by LadyHLG that goes by zip, along with custom coding in that mod and the order.php class.

Good luck.

-Don
    Is the customization of this code something that you could share with those of us in NYS with the same situation. Would you post that code here? Your help would be appreciated and you would get much kudos for helping us all to solve this problem (similar in MA, TX etc. if not more locations).

Thank You.
    PJD

Plugin Contributions

I'd also like to add taxes to orders only above a certain sum. How is this possible?

No, there isn't a certain tax that I know of that applies this way. The problem I'm faced with is how to cope with shipping costs without knowing product weights. We have an inventory of over 50,000 items that we receive from a buying group that simply doesn't provide us with that data. So, the idea is, to apply a particular percentage to order totals above a certain sum. I know this isn't the best way to handle this issue by a long shot...but I'm at a loss...any ideas?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Alright...just an update. The issue I was trying to solve was a shipping issue. I had thought that modifying the was Zen Cart calculates taxes would be a good solution. What I didn't know was, and it was my fault, was that the "Table Rate" option in Zen Cart was able to do what I needed it to. So, I don't need to figure out a way to make the ot_tax module do it for me.

There is a user running around on this forum with "Spend time in the Admin, you'll be so glad you did." Perhaps I should have done that. And, I should've been sure to know more about shipping in general. So, once again, problem solved by the possibilities of cart customization from the Admin. Long Live the Zen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12