Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with size and maxlength after converting database to UTF8

In order for the second language (bulgarian) to work correctly, I did the following changes in the my Zen Cart as described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...59&postcount=5

I converted my db to UTF8, as well as all collation of the tables and the fields from latin1 to utf8_general_ci with PhpMyAdmin

Then I noticed that in the login/register page all the form fields have tripled their sizes and maxlengths, e.g. from 32 to 96. As I understand Zen cart asks the database for these values, but I could not find where they are stored in the db.

My server info:
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.21.3-grsec
    Database: MySQL 5.0.41-log
    Server Date: 09/04/2007 13:12:38
    Database Date: 09/04/2007 13:12:38
    PHP Version: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache

I read the other threads about the maxlength=0 or =1 but I think that is not the case with me because I have a test Zen Cart shop running on the same server with latin1 collation database and it does not have this problem.

URL to see the problem: https://www.diemfishing.com/catalog/...ain_page=login

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with size and maxlength after converting database to UTF8

Now I noticed that the the problem is not only with the login/register page but with all text fields in the catalog and the admin. Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, after a little investigation I found that when I restore /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php to the original the problem disappears.

My query_factory.php is modified as described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...59&postcount=5

Plugin Contributions

After a little bit more investigation I found that zen_field_length function does not return correct values. Probably it is related to the database, particularly with the utf8 collation. Any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

For now I set $length = $length/3