Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with Google Checkout

I was hoping someone might give me some insight as to why Google Checkout does not work for me.

When I go to confirm my order with Google Checkout it takes me back to the shopping cart instead of the Google site for processing.

The paypal module works fine as i am directed to the paypal site for payment options.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Google Checkout

YOUR-TEMPLATE directory was located in the wrong location

Plugin Contributions

Where does YOUR TEMPLATE need to go?

Currently, mine is in site/cart/includes/template/MY TEMPLATE

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by highstyleinc View Post
    Where does YOUR TEMPLATE need to go?

Currently, mine is in site/cart/includes/template/MY TEMPLATE
    If you don't have a custom template then substitute "classic" where the instructions say "YOUR_TEMPLATE". If you have a custom template, go to Tools->Template Selection on your Admin screen. The name under Template Directory is the name you substitute for YOUR_TEMPLATE in your GCO installation. Be sure to create the additional "templates" folder under YOUR_TEMPLATE.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chain_man View Post
    If you don't have a custom template then substitute "classic" where the instructions say "YOUR_TEMPLATE". If you have a custom template, go to Tools->Template Selection on your Admin screen. The name under Template Directory is the name you substitute for YOUR_TEMPLATE in your GCO installation. Be sure to create the additional "templates" folder under YOUR_TEMPLATE.

Thanks for answering Doug. I think I asked the wrong question though. I am also having trouble getting customers from shopping cart page to google checkout page. Everything else seems to be ok. I think I may have the google checkout file in the wrong place. I do not have a custom template. I am using the 'classic' file included. Do I place the google checkout files there?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by highstyleinc View Post
    Thanks for answering Doug. I think I asked the wrong question though. I am also having trouble getting customers from shopping cart page to google checkout page. Everything else seems to be ok. I think I may have the google checkout file in the wrong place. I do not have a custom template. I am using the 'classic' file included. Do I place the google checkout files there?
    Re-read the instructions. Wherever it says "YOUR_TEMPLATE" substitute "classic".

In this case your GCO template files will go into: includes/templates/classic/templates

You should find that when correctly installed, your problem will go away. Your customer should see a Google Checkout button on the Your Shopping Cart page whenever there are items in the cart. If they click the Google Checkout button, they will be redirected to the Google site.

If they select the regular checkout, they have missed the opportunity to use GCO.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chain_man View Post
    Re-read the instructions. Wherever it says "YOUR_TEMPLATE" substitute "classic".

In this case your GCO template files will go into: includes/templates/classic/templates

You should find that when correctly installed, your problem will go away. Your customer should see a Google Checkout button on the Your Shopping Cart page whenever there are items in the cart. If they click the Google Checkout button, they will be redirected to the Google site.

If they select the regular checkout, they have missed the opportunity to use GCO.
    Thanks! I now can stop banging my head against my desk :)

This is why I love open source!

Oh, how do you remove the regular checkout button through zen cart? I am sure it will confuse people.

Plugin Contributions

I was having the same problem. Must have read this same info a dozen times in various threads and finally figured out where I was off track.

I was putting the GC template files in

includes/templates/classic/

They need to go in their own directory

includes/templates/classic/templates

...as was noted above... I was either overlooking it or misunderstanding.

Thank you chain_man for your response in the other thread directing me here.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Problems with Google Checkout

Yup.. I am a stupid stupid man for thinking "I know its all in the right place." Listen to what he says.. if you don't see the google checkout button.. your template files are in the wrong pace.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mark99 View Post
    I was hoping someone might give me some insight as to why Google Checkout does not work for me.

When I go to confirm my order with Google Checkout it takes me back to the shopping cart instead of the Google site for processing.

The paypal module works fine as i am directed to the paypal site for payment options.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Mark
    I am having the exactly same problem. I currently have two templates downloaded, Apple Zen and Cherry Zen. I built my site with Apple Zen and google checkout works wonderfully with it. I decided to go with Cherry Zen and Google Checkout no longer works, the large gc button does not appear, only a bulleted option for gc and when clicked it just takes me back to the confirm order page.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing? Everything else seems to transfer over just fine when I switch between the two templates.

One thing I have noticed is in admin/tools/template selection the two templates are both named Apple Zen when in reality one is Cherry Zen and shows up as such when selected. When the (real) Apple Zen template is chosen, under "Template name" it says Apple Zen and under "Template Directory" it says Apple Zen. Cherry Zen on the other hand has "Template name" as Apple Zen and "Template Directory" as Cherry Zen.

Did I maybe not download correctly?

Sorry, I know all the Zen's written above can be confusing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast