Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Magic SEO URL vs Ultimate SEO URL vs SEO_G

Some BS was written last days in this thread by posters with no good SEO knowledge. I only clarify some pending questions (thanks BlessIsaacola for defending).

Quote Originally Posted by CJPinder View Post
    Just shows how much BS there is from so called SEO experts. There is no such thing as a duplicate content penalty that affects Page Rank, it simply does not work that way.
    All SEO beginners start here: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...e-content.html and continue with http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...google&spell=1

If I say or wrote something I really mean it seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    So Magic SEO and adwords is still possible with autotagging turned off?
    It is possible also with autotagging turned On, see http://www.magic-seo-url.com/board/g...roblem-13.html

Quote Originally Posted by rjspomer View Post
    404 Not Found
    The requested URL /store/admin/categories.php does not exist.
    It was solved here: http://www.magic-seo-url.com/board/z...-admin-17.html

Quote Originally Posted by dscurlock View Post
    I do not think ive seen a mod so expensive for any shopping cart...
    The price is not low, but is lowest as possible, because Magic SEO URL is not add-on in traditional understanding. It was not developed by altering Zen Cart API as Ultimate SEO URLs does, but it uses special original-written PHP techniques which was very hard to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The purpose of this thread was to allow users to compare the pros and cons of the different SEO URL options available.
    I absolutely agree. Please post to this thread "why do you like or hate MSU or SEO G", but all troubles you have please point to our board http://www.magic-seo-url.com/board/ Your problem will be solved faster and also everything will be on same place for better searching.

Plugin Contributions

I am proud to announce Magic SEO URL for ZenCart 1.1 series!
    This new series incorporate Magic SEO URL Core 1.1, is coming with increased category depth to 5 and also with new nice configuration options!

Major Changes (1.0.16 to 1.1.00)

• Category depth was increased to 5!
    • Possibility to set used category depth (unused RewriteRules are removed - it improves performance)
    • Possibility to disable Strict URLs (useful when Google Adwords or Yahoo! Overture (etc.) are used)
    • Possibility to set Maximum number of words in one URI's level
    • Possibility to set Minimum word's length (shorter words are excluded from URIs)

Original announce: http://www.magic-seo-url.com/board/m...encart-24.html

Plugin Contributions

I too am using Magic SEO Urls. the URLS themselves are going to be slightly better for SEO. To me, that is worth the money, even if it is only a slight boost.

my only gripe with Magic SEO is that the "buy now" button on my site no longer works after installing it. i have unfortunately had to remove it and just go with the "more info" link.

response from developer: "make sure you have cookies enable"

perhaps that most useless response ever.

The button works just fine when Magic SEO is uninstalled.

There is also sitemap add-on, but the documentation is nothing short of useless.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by capnhairdo View Post
    Ultimate SEO URLs modifies the core zen_href_link() function to replace default zen cart addresses with the new SEO-friendly ones. This is nice because you can use this function in other modules and scripts to find what the new addresses are going to be.

Magic SEO URLs...[gives]...no way to tell programatically what the new URLs are going to be (unless you wanted to go to the trouble of writing a function to emulate how it builds its URLs).
    Just discovered there is in fact a function in MSEO to do this:
    HTML Code:
    unmagicseomakefancyurl($url)
    . Should change any Zen URL you pass it to its MSEO counterpart.

(Discovered by decoding the (annoyingly) Zend-encoded MSEO code.)

Edit: link removed by moderator

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroca View Post
    response from developer: "make sure you have cookies enable"

perhaps that most useless response ever.

The button works just fine when Magic SEO is uninstalled.
    Michael, I have send about 12 messages to you and all other troubles were fixed by following my directions successfully (correct me if I am wrong). The problem with buy_now link is really something with bad coding or with bad configuration (lot of ZenCart, osCommerce etc. are configured incorrectly or more precisely are working, but not completely).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by capnhairdo View Post
    Just discovered there is in fact a function in MSEO to do this:
    HTML Code:
    unmagicseomakefancyurl($url)
    . Should change any Zen URL you pass it to its MSEO counterpart.

(Discovered by decoding the (annoyingly) Zend-encoded MSEO code.)
    How did you decode it? I would like to "look under the hood" of my MSU install to correct a few things, too. Then maybe I would re-install it.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iRAY View Post
    Michael, I have send about 12 messages to you and all other troubles were fixed by following my directions successfully (correct me if I am wrong). The problem with buy_now link is really something with bad coding or with bad configuration (lot of ZenCart, osCommerce etc. are configured incorrectly or more precisely are working, but not completely).

Jiri, I would like to rule out Magic SEO as the cause, but i cannot seem to find anyone with a store who is using magic SEO in conjuction with the buy now button. The fact is, that when i had the Magic SEO uninstalled, the button works.

Dont get me wrong, I like the mod. Google crawls my pages much faster when i have it installed.

If someone here with Magic SEO installed, will turn on the buy now button feature i their shop and confirms that it works, then I will be satisfied that it is something i screwed up.

Plugin Contributions

Jiri, I would like to rule out Magic SEO as the cause, but i cannot seem to find anyone with a store who is using magic SEO in conjuction with the buy now button. The fact is, that when i had the Magic SEO uninstalled, the button works.

Dont get me wrong, I like the mod. Google crawls my pages much faster when i have it installed.

If someone here with Magic SEO installed, will turn on the buy now button feature i their shop and confirms that it works, then I will be satisfied that it is something i screwed up.
    Which Buy Now button are you talking about? IS this a standard Zen Cart function that is not working or is this a Mod that you installed?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Which Buy Now button are you talking about? IS this a standard Zen Cart function that is not working or is this a Mod that you installed?

Thanks!
    it is a standard Zen Cart feature.

I am referring to the setting under

Configuration --> product layout --> display product add to cart button.

setting it to "1" will enable the "buy now" button on your product listing page. I currently have it set to "0" which gives me a "more info" text link instead of "buy now".

Can you see if it works on your site and the an item is successfully added to the cart?
    Last edited by Zeroca; 7 Mar 2008 at 07:54 PM.

Plugin Contributions

it is a standard Zen Cart feature.

I am referring to the setting under

Configuration --> product layout --> display product add to cart button.

setting it to "1" will enable the "buy now" button on your product listing page. I currently have it set to "0" which gives me a "more info" text link instead of "buy now".

Can you see if it works on your site and the an item is successfully added to the cart?
    Well, you can test it on our site from my signature. I am not sure I understand your issue. I don't Configuration - Product Layout. I have a Configuration - Product Listing and I have Configuration - Product Info.

What version of Zen Cart are you using? I will be glad to turn on the feature (if it's not turn on already) if you can give me information on where to turn it on.

Check out site to see if what you're discussing is also happening.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast