Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Magic SEO URL vs Ultimate SEO URL vs SEO_G

If you're from the company that produces this product, I *DO* wish you would stop Zend encoding your stuff. It makes it incredibly painful to work with people who use your stuff, because I don't run with the Zend decoder in my stack.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Also seems a bit of Thread hi-jacking, to purposely keep annoucing updates to a pay-for Module when this thread is discussing the pros 'n cons of various SEO modules.

Start your own thread, iRay, leave this one alone if you have nothing to input on the Subject.

Speaking of which, having installed both; Magic SEO and Ulitmate SEO for Clients, I can state from experience that Magic SEO offers nothing more than the Ultimate SEO does. But, since Ultimate SEO is Free and does not require a link-back, it offers a lot more than Magic SEO does.
    Last edited by Website Rob; 31 Mar 2008 at 10:07 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Also seems a bit of Thread hi-jacking, to purposely keep annoucing updates to a pay-for Module when this thread is discussing the pros 'n cons of various SEO modules.

Start your own thread, iRay, leave this one alone if you have nothing to input on the Subject.
    Agree. Emailing customers would seem a more appropriate method of keeping them up-to-date with upgrades.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Since there was Google AdWords auto-tagging problem discussed previously, I think it is good to let other know, that was completely solved and Strict URLs are now supported and working correctly both enabled and disabled.
    Also other announcements I have posted here were coming with solutions/features which were discussed in this thread (but I agree, own thread is much more better instead of doing this mis-mush :) ).
    Last edited by iRAY; 31 Mar 2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Typo fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Agree that MSEO needs its own thread for troubleshooting/product announcements.

having installed both; Magic SEO and Ulitmate SEO...Magic SEO offers nothing more than the Ultimate SEO does. But, since Ultimate SEO is Free and does not require a link-back, it offers a lot more than Magic SEO does.
    I also have tried both, and spent probably over 50 hours investigating, comparing, installing and troubleshooting both (plus several more hours decoding and reviewing MSEO's code and suggesting improvements to and extending it). See my previous posts in this thread. I am by no means part of the MSEO fan club—I too hate the fact that it's Zend encoded, hate the link back (got a version of MSEO with it removed), and find correspondence with the vendor often frustrating. With those disclaimers, I can state that MSEO DOES offer a bunch of features that USEO does not, not least of which is the fact that it disallows multiple URLs for pages, with automatic redirects to the one true URL for each page. Also nice is the fact that it's actually still being worked on, improved (including feature requests), and supported.

USEO 3.0, last I checked, was a half-finished dead project. 2 supports product and category pages but not much else.

In short, MSEO is just a more complete, thorough, serious product, and generally, it's much easier to install (and if not, the vendor will help you with it). I too wish it was free, but $89 is a small price to pay, and knowing what I do now, would happily pay 2-3x that for the advantages offered.

Plugin Contributions

As long as we are comparing SEO mods, I found that Ultimate SEO will break the Edit Cart mod. Several others have reported this as well. Does anyone know if Magic SEO is compatible with the Edit Cart mod?
    BTW has anyone heard any more about SEFU?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    Does anyone know if Magic SEO is compatible with the Edit Cart mod?
    I can confirm that MSU is compatible with Edit Cart MOD.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mauryg View Post
    BTW has anyone heard any more about SEFU?
    DrByte answered that question for me in another thread. Even though a default feature it is now turned OFF by default and best not to be used.

Plugin Contributions

Hey,

I have this contribution installed on my 1.3.8a store and it works great (although renaming ezpages would be great!).

However, i would like to know the consensus of opinion - does this help your search engine ranking or not? And if not, is one of the other mods better at doing so?

Thanks,
    Fergus

Plugin Contributions

How about me doing some SHAMELESS self advertising for this module here as an alternative for both Ultimate SEO and Magic SEO, you get most of the features you have in magic seo (and more soon), plus active support ^_^

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=182
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast