Plugin Contributions

application error internal server error 500 while installing

hi everyone i'm such a newbie. lol i'm trying to install latest version of zen cart and followed the instructions through the read-me file. i only got to "Starting the Installer" where it should be MYDOMAiN.COM/shop/zc_install . When i run that i get an internal server error. i read through -> this & this post. i set the right permissions to all folders & sub folders but i just don't understand what's wrong. i don't like to give up too easy but i feel like i'm about to! help asap is much appreciated!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: internal server error 500 while installing

Your server probably doesn't like the /zc_install/.htaccess file. Try renaming it to htaccess_OFF and see if the installer can proceed now.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks i talked to my host and he fixed the problem. i finally installed but now i have another problem, when i try to log in through this url http://www.MYSiTE.com/shop/admin/index.php

i receive this error message:
    Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: messagestack in /home/xxx/public_html/shop/includes/autoload_func.php on line 79

also when it takes me to the index page where it says 'why not log yourself in?', i click and a pop up says: "YOURSiTE has sent an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code: -12263"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You are most likely missing files on your server due to failed FTP upload.
    Sometimes files get missed or get left incomplete or with 0 bytes size when an FTP connection gets interrupted. Not all FTP programs are as reliable as others, and thus not all of them will tell you which files failed to upload properly.
    FileZilla is a good free reliable tool you might consider using when you check all your files and re-upload the missing or incomplete ones.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i re-uploaded everything, now when i try to log in through admin link
    http://wwwMYSiTE.com/shop/admin/index.php

i get the same pop up with error code 12263 =/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't use popups in any of its login activities.

I suspect your hosting configuration is the problem behind those error messages.

Who is your host?
    What is your site URL?
    Is your site attempting to use SSL or not?