Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 404 error when trying to add new product

I have set up the latest version of Zen Cart...went easy.

All is good except when I try to add a new product I get a 404 error page.

Ill use this link as an example...

"http://yourlittlemonsters.com/zen/admin/announcements.php?x=42&y=10&product_type=4&cPath=67&action=new_product"

Twice I have uploaded fresh admin files and once even redownloaded the intire system and took the admin file from there.....still no go.

Also deleted the htaccess file.....nothin happend.

The configuration file is in the admin directory and loooks fine as well.

Ive surfed these forums looking for a solution and found nothing.

Anyone have an idea?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 404 error when trying to add new product

What is the "announcements.php" file used for? It's not a part of Zen Cart's core install.

Do you have the same problem if you use Product-General when creating your products ?

What addons/contributions have you installed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

where it says "anouncments.php"..... thats just the catagory i tried to do it in....if i tried to make a new product in say "testing" the link has "testin.php" in it

Kinda wierd IMHO.

also...if there are any spaces in the catagory title like "testing stuff lots"

I get "testing20%stuff20%lots.php" at the begining of the link.

No addons have been installed at all....havent gotten there yet.

Not sure what product general is.

Also...i have zen cart in a sub directory titled "zen" I have had things go nuts on me before running them out of sub directories....system wise.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chillbilly View Post
    where it says "anouncments.php"..... thats just the catagory i tried to do it in....if i tried to make a new product in say "testing" the link has "testin.php" in it
    That's not how Zen Cart works.
    Where are you getting these links from? How are you getting to this stage where this error appears? Are you typing these addresses in your browser ? or clicking on links/buttons somewhere?

also...if there are any spaces in the catagory title like "testing stuff lots"

I get "testing20%stuff20%lots.php" at the begining of the link.
    Once again, that's not how Zen Cart works.

Where did you get your Zen Cart files from?
    What version do you have ?

Kinda wierd IMHO.
    I'm not surprised really ... because there's no such file as announcements.php. Thus, a 404 error is completely logical when trying to access a file that doesn't exist.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yea...im not suprized either

The version is the v1.3.7

The install was seamless...nice and easy. Downloaded it from the zen cart from page.....zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006.zip

everything is working sweetly, but when I go to cataglog/catagores/products then clcik on any file there then the problem starts....once im in one of those files if I click on any of the products or click on "new product" I get the error.

Beside that button is a drop down menu that shows catagories....depending on wich one im set on is what shows in the URL on the 404 error page when I get there.

Makes no sence to me at all. I have had similar problems URL wise with other systems when ive moved them to other directories....usualy fixed in the config file, but noooooo...not this time lol

Ive actualy jumped in to help a freind on this...its not my site.

Definitly an odd problem...couldnt find it anyplace in your forums......a fix would be good especialy for people that have the problem in the future, but if need be I can prolly start from scratch new DB and all, but my freind will somewhat looooose it on me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Who's your hosting company?
    What version of PHP?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It really seems as though you've got some sort of mod_rewrite thing translating everything wrong.

Go here:
    http://yourlittlemonsters.com/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21

Then click on the first product.
    It takes you to this, which is invalid:
    http://yourlittlemonsters.com/zen/index.php?main_page=12x12 pages_info&cPath=21&products_id=28

Do you have some sort of SEFU or mod-rewrite thing installed?
    Do you have a bunch of RewriteRules in your .htaccess file(s)?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Who loaded the data (ie: categories, etc) into the store?
    How was it done?

Has anyone been mucking around in the product-type settings? Why?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I think it'd be a *good* idea to wipe it out, and re-install, and set things up fresh ... but this time not touching product-type settings ... only create the categories and products ... leave the product-type settings ALONE, esp the "handlers". Those *do not* need touching.

While you're at it, use the newest version of code ... v1.3.7.1 was released a couple months ago. May as well use the latest since you're starting fresh.

As far as I can tell your friend's only gonna lose the few categories that have been created. Chalk it up to practice ... and stick to "needed" things instead of experimenting and making messes.

Plugin Contributions

Well.....shes prolly reading this now

Well...Ailsa....looks like tomorrow we are startin from scratch....its the easy way really.

No worries....it will only take a few minutes and wont hurt a bit.....well....maybe a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast