Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question How to get Gross price to show and not nett in store and admin?

Hi,

I have set up as follows
    Brand new site, clean install, latest version of Zen Cart running on windows server with php Version 5.1.1

Zone Definition - Australia
    Tax Rate - 10%
    Tax Class- GST

Default and only currency is AUD (Aussie $) and I have updated the currencies in the Localization > currencies as well as updating the english.php to set the default currency to true. There are no other currencies set in the site, the only one there is AUD which is set to the value of 1.00000000

Config > My Store
    Country - Australia
    Zone - Northern Territory
    Display Prices with Tax - true
    Display Prices with Tax in Admin - true
    Basis of Product Tax - Shipping
    Basis of Shipping Tax - Shipping
    Sales Tax Display Status - 1

If I add a product for say $110.00 gross the nett calculates properly at 100.00, but when I go to view the product in Admin before adding (or updating) the price there is the 100.00 (nett price) and that is the one that also shows in the shop front.

At the moment I only have put in one product - I want to get this right before I merrily add products!

Could somone point me in the right direction as it is obvous I am missing something!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get Gross price to show and not nett in store and admin?

Can anyone help with this?

Plugin Contributions

You would need to customize the preview as it only shows the one price and not both, at this time ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you - now fixing that will that mean that:

1. The nett price will show in the shop
    2. If a user logs in and their shipping address is NOT in the set zone, their prices will show as exl GST?

Plugin Contributions

ok, fyi here is how to get the gross price to show in your shop:

admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php

around line 56, change
    PHP Code:
    <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price) . ($pInfo->products_virtual == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_VIRTUAL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_always_free_shipping == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_FREE_SHIPPING_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICED_BY_ATTRIBUTES_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_free == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_FREE_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_call == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_CALL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_qty_box_status == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_QTY_BOX_STATUS_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<br />' zen_get_products_display_price($_GET['pID']) : ''); ?></td>
    to
    PHP Code:
    <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price_gross) . ($pInfo->products_virtual == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_VIRTUAL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_always_free_shipping == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_FREE_SHIPPING_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICED_BY_ATTRIBUTES_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_free == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_FREE_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_call == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_CALL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_qty_box_status == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_QTY_BOX_STATUS_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<br />' zen_get_products_display_price($_GET['pID']) : ''); ?></td>
    (the products_price to products_price_gross)

admin/includes/modules/update_product.php

around line 24 / 25 find
    PHP Code:
        $tmp_value zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_price']);

$products_price = (!zen_not_null($tmp_value) || $tmp_value=='' || $tmp_value == 0) ? $tmp_value

replace with
    PHP Code:
    //    $tmp_value = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_price']);
     //   $products_price = (!zen_not_null($tmp_value) || $tmp_value=='' || $tmp_value == 0) ? 0 : $tmp_value;

$tmp_value zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_price_gross']);

$products_price_gross = (!zen_not_null($tmp_value) || $tmp_value=='' || $tmp_value == 0) ? $tmp_value
    find around line 44
    PHP Code:
    'products_price' => $products_price
    and replace with
    PHP Code:
     //  'products_price' => $products_price,

'products_price' => $products_price_gross
    BUT, this does NOT change the price in the cart when the customer is outside the "zone" and therefore should not be paying the GST.

So now, How can I get:
    1. nett price to show in cart when the customer is outside the "zone"
    2. gross price to show in cart when the customer is inside the zone

Thank you for your time

Plugin Contributions

ok, the above solution is NOT A GOOD idea if you want to update ther product as it will then put the gross in the nett and then add the tax on again ....

So, how can I get the gross to show in the shop, with the GST showing in the invoice for the customer within the zone, IE australia and the GST not showing in the invoice if they are outside Australia. I do not have a sales tax showing on ANY scenario .....

Help!

Plugin Contributions

SolveHad to set the Zones for Tax properly to get the gross showing in the shop.

in admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php
    around line 56 find
    PHP Code:
    <?php  echo $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price_gross) . ($pInfo->products_virtual == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_VIRTUAL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_always_free_shipping == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_FREE_SHIPPING_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICED_BY_ATTRIBUTES_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_free == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_FREE_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_call == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_CALL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_qty_box_status == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_QTY_BOX_STATUS_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<br />' zen_get_products_display_price($_GET['pID']) : ''); ?>
    Change to
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo $currencies->format($pInfo->products_price) . '<br>(GROSS:): ' .$currencies->format($pInfo->products_price_gross) . ($pInfo->products_virtual == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' .  TEXT_VIRTUAL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_always_free_shipping == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_FREE_SHIPPING_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICED_BY_ATTRIBUTES_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_free == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_FREE_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->product_is_call == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_IS_CALL_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_qty_box_status == '<span class="errorText">' '<br />' TEXT_PRODUCTS_QTY_BOX_STATUS_PREVIEW '</span>' '') . ($pInfo->products_priced_by_attribute == '<br />' zen_get_products_display_price($_GET['pID']) : ''); ?>
    This will show the nett and gross price on the preview page.

Plugin Contributions

I know this post is old but just in case anyone comes across and wants a simple answer.....

In v1.3.8a:

Admin - Configuration - My Store:
    Display Prices with Tax = True
    Display Prices with Tax in Admin = True

You may also need:
    Basis of Product Tax = Shipping
    Basis of Shipping Tax = Shipping

Cheers,

JB

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Jason Barnett for taking the time to post your answer. It helped me a lot

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: How to get Gross price to show and not nett in store and admin?

Thanks for this simple fix for what has been a 2 hour forum search for the answer!

MG Page
    "The Silent Avatar Speaks"
    http://www.silentavatar.com/blog/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast