Plugin Contributions

Default payment and paypal questions

I was woundering if there was a way to remove the check out with paypal button in the shopping cart page and just have the the "go to checkout button? Then make the customers go to page 2 of the check out area and select paypal express from there. On page 2 there is a payment selection box and I have paypal ipn and then paypal express is there a way to add extra text and pictures beind each payment option? I wanted to let customer know that you need a paypal account to pay with paypal funds from ipn and no paypal account needed with express and also show a little gif of the different kind a CC that are accepted though express.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: payment and paypal questions

You can edit the text and change the images to what you want...

I do not think that you need both IPN and express???

Before express we only had IPN and there is an option once on the paypal site to use a credit card if this has not changed
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

No i dont think it has changed but when you click on paypal ipn it bring you to the paypal site and has a big log into paypal box. Then at the bottom left of the screen it lets you pay with CC. I guess my main concern is that when customers get sent to paypal and they dont have a paypal account they back out of the sale thinking they have to sign up for paypal. With paypal express it brings you right to the CC infomation page but does not allow you to pay with your paypal funds if you are already a paypal customer.

Should I just forget about ipn and not accept funds from paypal account and just go with express checkout? Do alot of customers even pay with the funds they have in there paypal accounts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Aberstal View Post
    Do alot of customers even pay with the funds they have in there paypal accounts?
    Lots do. It will depend on who your customers are and whether those are the kind of people who carry a PayPal balance or not.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.