Plugin Contributions

help question Problem! PP Express only works with "selcted currency" set!

Hi all.
    I have been at this for two days straight reading every darn post that might have relevant info to try, but no luck yet!. I've done a lotta readin' and tried many suggestions from other related threads.

The situation is this:

My PayPal Express checkout will only work when I have the currency in the module set on "selected currency". AUD is the default currency set in the admin, but the transaction still goes through as USD when it gets to PayPal. If I change this to "only AUD" in the PP Express module settings, the checkout process throws an 10426 error at the 3rd checkout page when it tries to query the Paypal site for payment then goes back to checkout step 1.
    I have the default currency in PayPal set to AUD and every currency setting in Zencart set to AUD. But there is also USD and EUR currencies set in admin>currencies.

With my Paypal IPN checkout option, If I set the module currency to "selected currency", the PayPal site automatically receives the shopping cart total correctly BUT in USD (as I said earlier, AUD is the default currency in the admin and is what I want). But if I use "only AUD" in the PayPal module, the checkout takes you to the PayPal payment site but the shoppong cart total is not entered in the PayPal checkout page, It's just left set at $0.

I am using ZC 1.3.7 with the latest PayPal patch applied and I have tried setting the default english.php file setting around line 43 to read: define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'AUD'); but still no luck.

Can anybody shed some light on this dark computer void?

Steve

Sorry, heading was a bit misleading, so I re-wrote it.
    Last edited by stevenicel; 10 Sep 2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Misleading title
    Zencart Web Hosting on lightning fast Australian Servers!
    Free Zencart installation with all new hosting accounts.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem! PP Express only works with "selcted currency" set!

Ok, as a test, I also tried setting the PayPal IPN and Express modules to "onlyUSD" and it does the same as for when it is set to "only AUD". I have triple checked all Paypal settings and return url's which are obviously working because everything works fine as long as the transaction is done in US dollars.

Anyone??

Plugin Contributions

Found the solution everyone. Hope this post helps someone avoid 2 days of hair pulling insanity like I bestowed on myself recently!!

Question: Do you ever go through development processes that when sorted out they just leave you completely stunned?? Yep, thats how I'm feelin' right now.

Answer: This revelation came to me only 30 mins ago, I thought to myself, if Zencart refers to US and AU currencies in the default language.php file as USD and AUD then why is my currency code in the admin > currencies setting showing AU instead of AUD. Hmmm, hang-on a minute... didn't I change that for some stupid unrelated reason about 8 months ago? YES Yes yes, thats right, I did!....... It's been staring me in the face all this time.

Obviously, when zencart tried to send the currency code to PayPal it was simply saying "sorry I dont understand 'AU' so I shall use USD instead".

Now I'm off to swing a sledgehammer around at our house reno for some frustration therapy.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That "AU" vs "AUD" will get you every time ....

Good thing Australia is so beautiful or I'd say you could make it simpler and just move to the states ... <grin>

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Problem! PP Express only works with "selcted currency" set!

I tell ya, with the way I was feeling, If someone had of offered a solid reason why, I might have been tempted to consider it! (not sure how my cat would go though) Anyway.... on to the next.......
    Cheers