Plugin Contributions

Default i'm having two problems with downloadable products

i've searched the forums but can't find anything similar... sorry if this is a repeat!

i sell downloadable products and have had absolutely no problems, with downloads, until these two situations.

Situation #1: customer has a new computer with Vista and is an earthlink customer. She is able to go through the check out process. She see's the download link and clicks on it. The "download window" pops up and she clicks to save the file. It transfers for only a few seconds and shuts down the transmission status box and she has no file. she has tried several times... i've put a test file on 4shared.com she is able to download this test file with no problems. I am able to download the same files with both IE7 & firefox on two computers in my house. other customers have successfully downloaded the same product before and after she had these problems, so i don't see how it could be on my end.... but, i don't want to go back to the customer and say, it's your problem.... any suggestions?

Situation #2: an employee who is entitled to free product via the employee coupon is able to check out successfully. But, the download links are not available to her. I have to manually change her order from 1)pending to 2)processing in order for her to be shown the download links. others are using this same coupon and have no problems. Again, stumped.
    Last edited by kjoistudios; 11 Sep 2007 at 04:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: i'm having two problems with downloadable products

Quote Originally Posted by kjoistudios View Post
    i've searched the forums but can't find anything similar... sorry if this is a repeat!

i sell downloadable products and have had absolutely no problems, with downloads, until these two situations.

Situation #1: customer has a new computer with Vista and is an earthlink customer. She is able to go through the check out process. She see's the download link and clicks on it. The "download window" pops up and she clicks to save the file. It transfers for only a few seconds and shuts down the transmission status box and she has no file. she has tried several times... i've put a test file on 4shared.com she is able to download this test file with no problems. I am able to download the same files with both IE7 & firefox on two computers in my house. other customers have successfully downloaded the same product before and after she had these problems, so i don't see how it could be on my end.... but, i don't want to go back to the customer and say, it's your problem.... any suggestions?

Situation #2: an employee who is entitled to free product via the employee coupon is able to check out successfully. But, the download links are not available to her. I have to manually change her order from 1)pending to 2)processing in order for her to be shown the download links. others are using this same coupon and have no problems. Again, stumped.
    I work for an Internet Service Provider. A quick guess, and I hate to say it, but in both cases it sounds like a firewall problem on both the CX's computer and the Emp's computer. I would suggest they check there firewall settings. We have more problems with Vista than any other call where people can't even check there own bank accounts. Secure sites are something else, and of course it is always our fault.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! Ijust want to make sure i do everything possible before going back and saying, hey... it's your fault! KWIM?

But, i'll ask them to try different firewall settings or a different computer, if it's available to them

thanks again for your reply!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kjoistudios View Post
    Thank you! Ijust want to make sure i do everything possible before going back and saying, hey... it's your fault! KWIM?

But, i'll ask them to try different firewall settings or a different computer, if it's available to them

thanks again for your reply!
    Actually you could just have them close there brouser and then disable there firewall. Usually Norton, Windows Firewall, or the other one. Then have them open the brouser and try a download. Also the security setting in IE tend to get in the way a lot of times and should be set to medium. If that don't do it then there is another problem but I'm quite sure it's not on you system if others can download.