Plugin Contributions

red flag Shipping estimate Problem Need Help!

Hi as being New to zen cart I am not sure if I have a setting wrong or I have a hosting issue.
    I have hosting through go daddy. They tell me port 30,000 is open so that my Canada post plug in will work. I opened a sell online with Canada Post they say I am not querying their server. The cart comes with UPS built in & it don't work either. I was going to try DHL but it's outdated.

Maybe someone from Canada with a store with these plugin's can Help. I need to know all the settings for the whole store to make sure I don't have something in there wrong. & to see if it is a hosting issue if so I will have to move my site to a new host.

Please Help we would like to have the store going but without a way to do shipping I am sunk. I cannot use flate Rate cause I have small stuff & very large to heavy stuff, Per item cannot work cause some orders could be 500 pieces or more. Zone rates might work but I never know what size box I will be using until I know what product the customer wants & how many. Plus if a customer adds 3 different products then agian I would have too use a box to fit all 3.

Any suggestions at this point would be good.
    Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping estimate Problem Need Help!

The built in UPS shipping module works fine with your 5 digit US zip code ... unless of course you are shipping from Canada ...

Look in the Wiki for the 3rd Party add-ons for the USPXML shipping module that should work fine shipping from Canada ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I will look but I would like the Canada post one to work as well

Plugin Contributions

Well I looked into it only one out is for OS commerse & it's coded differently then zen even if it's based off the same script. Is there anyone that has UPS working on a Canadian site shipping world wide?

Plugin Contributions

If you look in the Wiki ... link in the nice blue line at the top of your screen ... and look at the 3rd Party Contributions ... you will find the UPS XML shipping module that works for Canada ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

however unless you have a VPN or dedicated server fromgodaddy then port 30000 isnt open, and you cURL is set by proxy which works SOMETIMES
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I am now looking into a new hosting plan with another company. I'll let you know how it goes!