Plugin Contributions

Default All images gone in Admin panel...

First off, I know that these things don't just happen, which means that I've done something to remove them. My bad....the problem is, I can't figure out what! Here's what I've done in the last day. The problem happened this morning.

1. To begin with, I finally got my SSL cert up and running yesterday, so I secured my admin and catalog areas along with checkout with SSL. Everything seemed to be working just fine...I did a lot after this, and didn't notice anything amiss.

2. Yesterday I followed the instructions found here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=73, to secure my site. (Including renaming the admin area, and making sure my configure.php files were read-only.) I didn't do any of the folder permissions stuff, because I'm not done setting up the site. I didn't notice anything wrong with admin images after this either.

3. Yesterday I enabled Hotlink Protection on Cpanel, and made sure to add my domains as exceptions to it. Once I realized this images problem, I disabled Hotlink protection, and the problem is still in existence, so I don't THINK it was this, though this was my first suspect. After I enabled this, I remember looking around, and didn't see anything wrong.

4. Today, I attempted to rename the Page_2 file using the detailed instructions provided by Merlin here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24069 . I did the one where the URL name is changed. I have rolled back these changes since I noticed the problem with the admin images, which was right after I did this change.

In order to attempt to resolve this problem, I renamed my .htaccess file to .htaccess_bak to make sure it's not the problem...didn't resolve the problem.

To be exact, the problem is that I can't see any images in the admin area, the HTMLarea editor doesn't appear at all, and even with the text editor, I can't see the Save button or anything. In the modules editors I can't edit any options or anything, so I'm really stuck. As I said before, I didn't notice it until after I tried to rename the Page_2 file using those instructions, which I have gone through and rolled back using backup copies of the files from yesterday, which I made before I started do anything.

Someone please help!! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All images gone in Admin panel...

Ok, I fixed it, and here's how:

I rolled back the changes I made in renaming my admin folder.

That being said, why would renaming my admin folder as described in the tutorial have done this, and how can I get my admin renamed without breaking it? I had an underscore in my admin name. Is that not allowed?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All images gone in Admin panel...

Ok. I renamed my folder to something WITHOUT underscores, and the problem did not reappear.

If it's true that the admin folder name cannot contain an underscore, should someone include that on those instructions on the tutorials? Might save someone else the minor heart attack I gave myself? (When I see secure, I always think underscores, etc...so when I was renaming the folder, I naturally used an underscore.) My bad!

Any way we could get that added to the tutorial? Pretty please? ;)