Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Orders not in admin area after changing Paypal email address

We recently changed our store email address and which required the paypal IPN info to be changed as well. We updated the info in our paypal account and in the store.

Now when a paypal order is placed, it gets processed through paypal and payment is made but it does not get processed in the store itself and it does not show up in the order module. But when money order option is selected the order is process fine through the store.

It appears that the store is not recognizing the new IPN info.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not in admin area

The IPN is tied to your PayPal "primary" email address.
    Be sure that you're using the primary address in your Zen Cart settings.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not in admin area after changing Paypal email address

We changed the "primary" address in paypal to match the new email and it would not work. We also switched the IPN and the primary address back to the original email address to check if it was an issue with the new address, but the orders will not show up with either email address set up as the primary.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Turn on debug logging in your ZC Paypal settings, and then download the logs, zip them, upload the zip, and post a link so we can review them.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same issue, but this is on an initial setup. I have followed all the instructions I can find and nothing has helped. I'm trying to use the PayPal IPN method. Attached are my logs from the two failed tests from different computers and paypal accounts. Thanks!
    Last edited by DrByte; 17 Sep 2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: removed attachment for privacy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by benr View Post
    but this is on an initial setup.
    That's not a clean fresh install. You're using some sort of SEFU module. What else have you added?
    Also, have you set up a PDT token in PP and ZC ?

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, I meant to say this was the first time I was setting up paypal with ZC not after an email change. I apologize for the confusion.

I do have a SEFU module installed, there are quite a few other modules installed as well and some custom work. But nothing relating to payment processing.

Would you like me to list out the modules that I have installed? Or should I focus on a specific area of the install? Thanks in advance for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Turn off the SEFU module and test again.

What about the PDT thing ?

"Orders not in Admin" when using the PayPal IPN module is a very common problem.
    There is a ton of additional troubleshooting information here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Plugin Contributions

I turned off the SEFU and it worked great.

We really want to use SEFU's though. Do you know what urls are being garbled by it in the paypal process?

Also, I'm not sure what PDT means, sorry.

I did read through the entire wiki and followed all the steps. Thanks for the resource though.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I turned off the SEFU and it worked great.

We really want to use SEFU's though. Do you know what urls are being garbled by it in the paypal process?
    probably the one to ipn_main_handler.php
    There are known issues with all of the SEFU mods where some pages don't get translated properly. Some have posted workarounds. You'll have to review their support threads for details.

Also, I'm not sure what PDT means, sorry.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...905#post365905

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast