Plugin Contributions

Default "Multi-Language Support for EZ-Pages" prints "Array" in Sidebox

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Zen Cart and just installing my first shop. I aim to have an english / spanish bilingual shop and am getting a small problem with the Multi-language Support for EZ-Pages.

After installing everything still displays OK in the EZ-Pages Sidebox. But once I translate the "Page Title" into Spanish, once I refresh the page, instead of the link it says "Array". I know just a bit about Php and am guessing that somehow an array is being printed out somewhere instead of one of the items contained within it.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Greetings from Uruguay,
    Andreas Hennig

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Multi-Language Support for EZ-Pages" prints "Array" in Sidebox

this happened to me recently because I forgot to renames some of the folders.
    in includes/modules/ and in includes/modules/sideboxes you will most likely find a folder called "CUSTOM" you need to change it to match your template dir name.

Plugin Contributions

Hi ##########################,

That was a quick answer!!! and right on the money!!!

Thank you very much!!! It's running fine now.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: "Multi-Language Support for EZ-Pages" prints "Array" in Sidebox

Hello,
    sorry for asking again, could be that I'm the must newer here... but I have the same problem which Andreas had, and I sow the giving solution by ########################## in the readme file in this module, but I don't understand clearly what should do exactly.

Because i tried to replace the tow files which is included in CUSTOM folder into ./include/modules, but in this case it replace the previous files in the system, and it didn't worked...
    Also, I place them into ./include/modules/classic which is the template which I'm using, but also didn't worked...

So, can anyboddy clarify me what should do exactly, please?

And thanks in advance,

Sam
    Last edited by Ubunter; 11 Jul 2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: suscribe notifications

Plugin Contributions

Sam its hard to tell you exactally what to do as we dont have access to your site.
    so i will ask you a question.
    What is the name of the template you are using?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ########################## View Post
    Sam its hard to tell you exactally what to do as we dont have access to your site.
    so i will ask you a question.
    What is the name of the template you are using?
    Thanks for answer,
    I'm building right now above the classic template, the standard one which come with the zen cart, and looking to buy a template from ##########################################, but also they answer me right now that they don't have multilangual capacity, neither they suport this module...

The question i was thinking to build all the contain into the classic template, get it fit, and then buy a template according to my necessity... correct me, if I'm wrong, please!

Regards,

Plugin Contributions

you may want to figure out what you do with the template before you do any other work.
    The was Zen Cart works is is gathers all the customizations from the template. so id you customize your content in 'classic' then add another template you will need to copy those changes (that may not be compatible) in to the new template.
    also I could not see the name of the template company that you are thinking of using but if it is template monster you may want to do some more research before you do.

Plugin Contributions

you may want to figure out what you do with the template before you do any other work.
    The was Zen Cart works is is gathers all the customizations from the template. so id you customize your content in 'classic' then add another template you will need to copy those changes (that may not be compatible) in to the new template.
    also I could not see the name of the template company that you are thinking of using but if it is template monster you may want to do some more research before you do.
    Well, I see, the company it's the zen cart template. dot. com, I just request I template from them after long chat with the IT team, and give them also installation service to avoid incompatibilities within I could lose more time, because I have the bigger issue to connect the zen cart with our vTiger CRM, which is the much more deep question...

I'll come back to you soon, when they will give me the result, they asked for 3-5 days to set it, and we will see how it's working as multilingual ezpages.:hug:

Regards,
    Sam

Plugin Contributions

umm I hate to be a buzz kill but after doing development on both Zen Cart and vTiger, I would advise against this process (unless vTiger has been recoded in the last 2 years). vTiger is one of the most unstable and hard to work with code basses that I have ever seen. Unless you are already irreversibly invested in vTiger I would advise against it

Plugin Contributions

umm I hate to be a buzz kill but after doing development on both Zen Cart and vTiger, I would advise against this process (unless vTiger has been recoded in the last 2 years). vTiger is one of the most unstable and hard to work with code basses that I have ever seen. Unless you are already irreversibly invested in vTiger I would advise against it
    Well, I was looking and comparing between vtiger, sugar, open-bravo, and els, and I install them, and I compare between interface, graphical management and the programming, even, I'm not a great programmer, lastly we decide for vtiger. I heard about what do you say, but the said that vtiger 5.1 had been changed radically, because the previous was based on sugar, and now it become independent code. Because in reality I found Sugar really hard in coding, and in managing. We conclude this, and we just put sugar in production since a while, and it's seem working on.

Remember that in comparation with sugar, vtiger it's fully productive and fully free, in sugar the community version are missing products, quotes and sell orders modules. So it's only a sell force suite, and the premium versions, you have to pay per user, something not compatible with our business because we give access to all resellers.

The connector question to zen cart it's the important for us right now, specifically regarding the multilingual issue. We wanted to install the magnetic one connector, but we still needing their team confirmation regarding the multilingual. Because in vtiger we installed several languages, based on English. The same we did in zen cart. So what we need, is to insure that when a client come in the web store in Portuguese, Arabic, or Romanian language, the connector will give him the same data about products which other can see in English, French, Spanish. Because by end, the invoice should be generated from vtiger and go to the client, in the same language and T&C which he select into the website.
    This issue, I think it's not so easy to set, and before buying the connector we need to have it clear!
    Regards,

Sam
    ---------------------
    The Software is like the ######, more delicious when it's free& independent