Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Export Shipping & Order Information

I'm using the "Export Shipping & Order Information" add-in
    version 1.2.1, our finance and shipping people appreciate it!

Feature requests:

- optionally split first & last name (columns)
    - reset the 'export' flag! based on date (and/or order number)

Bug fix requests:

- if using all fields including 'export full product' info, the columns prior (such as comments and notes) must all be correctly quoted otherwise spurious commas and such in strings will not clearly indicate columns correct (and not import into excel easily).

- if you can only select one of something, use radio buttons instead of checkboxes

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Export Shipping & Order Information

Quote Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post
    I'm using the "Export Shipping & Order Information" add-in
    version 1.2.1, our finance and shipping people appreciate it!

Feature requests:

- optionally split first & last name (columns)
    - reset the 'export' flag! based on date (and/or order number)
    I am working on the next release which already has a "date" feature in it so that may cover what you are looking for here. I'll look into the first and last name issue, but that seems like it would be something that could easily be combined on the side after export? In any event, I can look into it for the next release.

Bug fix requests:

- if using all fields including 'export full product' info, the columns prior (such as comments and notes) must all be correctly quoted otherwise spurious commas and such in strings will not clearly indicate columns correct (and not import into excel easily).

- if you can only select one of something, use radio buttons instead of checkboxes
    The first bug fix was already addressed in the most recent version (1.2.2).

The second isn't really a bug. Just a more user friendly option. I'll look into that with the next release as well.

Thanks!

Glad you like it. :)
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    I'll look into the first and last name issue, but that seems like it would be something that could easily be combined on the side after export?
    Everyone here imports it into their excel. The shipping people use it as-is. The finance folks keep a "subscription" database where the first and last name are stored separately.. ..so they asked to split it, otherwise they have to edit each and every order by hand.

Thanks! I didn't know there was a more recent version, great! Yes, I agree the checkbox/radio thingy is not a 'bug'.. ..btw, I've had two people comment that they expected the export to live under "reports" rather than "tools", but makes no difference to me!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    The first bug fix was already addressed in the most recent version (1.2.2).
    I just installed 1.2.2 and I think you forgot to update 'VERSION'. The export column 'bug' is fixed, it looks great now!
    Last edited by dhcernese; 17 Sep 2007 at 02:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I just installed 1.2.2 and I think you forgot to update 'VERSION'. The export column 'bug' is fixed, it looks great now!
    Oops, spoke too soon. It's better bug not completely correct.

[FONT=Arial]I'll try to attach an example. Note my product notes have tricky characters in them from my securepay module.[/FONT]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I see the cause. I'll put out a bug fix here for that. I have yet to see it come from others, but it looks like the info passed back to you in the note field (from your cc processor) contains some information that has characters (the quote) which push your data to the next cell.

Again, thanks for the heads up. I'll get this out in a bug fix. Thanks!
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Let me start by saying that this mod is a lifesaver! Have it working in 2 sites, and really couldn't have kept the clients happy without it.

But (isn't there always a "but"), I have a couple problems:

1. The only comments that are downloaded are the messages from Authorize.net, like "Credit Card payment. AUTH: xxxxxx. TransID: xxxxxxxxxx", but never the original comment input by the customer during checkout. Both comments are in the orders_status_history table, but only the 2nd gets exported. Anything I can do to get both, ideally in separate Excel cells?

2. This is a little more weird - the first site only used one "Order Total" function (or module, or whatever it's called), so didn't discover this problem until I uploaded the second site. This 2nd site used 2 "order Total" whatevers - sub-total and total, and when I exported the orders, I got duplicates of each. That is, if I had 10 orders, the mod exported 20 lines, even though there were only 10 records in the orders table. When I deleted the "sub-total" records in the orders_total table, problem solved. Neither site needs anything more than just the total, so no sweat for now, but what about the next client who may need sub-total and tax?

BTW, I did change the admin->shipping_export.php file in 2 ways:
    - deleted the lines "AND ot.class = 'ot_shipping'" so I could export all orders
    - changed delivery_xxx to billing_xxx to see customers' billing info instead of shipping stuff
    I was very careful while makng these changes, then compared files (WinMerge) to make sure nothing else was accidently changed.

Site details: Zen Cart version 1.3.7.1, mod version 1.2.2, PHP 5 and MySQL 5. Also, we always export "1 product per row".

Any idea what I can do to fix these problems? Let me know if you would like access to either of the sites' admin areas.

Thanks!
    RAB

Why is it I'm always surprised when something actually works?

Plugin Contributions

The comment issue I will look into. I do know that in past trials, the only way to get things working smoothly was to have the system export only the first comment (which is ideal anyhow as you would want to know if the customer had any special order instructions over knowing all the data that is passed back through your cc processor.)

In any event, why it is choosing the second set of comments I will have to look into.

I have been working on the next version of this mod based on user requests and various feedback and hope to have that out soon. I will address this issue in that release as well.

On your second point.

I've heard of a few things with others here and there with regard to the "ot" class. I am looking into that as well.

If I need access to either site, I'll let you know (I'll PM you). With the recent feedback, I am going to try to move up the release of the next version.

I'll keep you posted.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Hi Eric,

I did receive your email yesterday and replied back. I just wanted to make sure you received it. I know you are busy, but was just wondering if you had a chance to look at it yet.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Anyone????

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast