Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Export Shipping & Order Information

1.2.3 was postponed for a time and should be out here sometime within the coming week. I ended up adding a number of items that were requested by various users so ti took more time than originally planned.

Be on the lookout here. Just finishing it up.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Version 1.2.3 Released

I'm happy to announce that I've finally completed the new version 1.2.3 of the Shipping and Order Export module.

It's been almost a year since the last release and a number of items have been added to this release which have been requested.

Some features present in this release include:

1) Added option to export the following new fields: Order Tax Amt, Order Subtotal, Order Discounts, Payment Method, Order Status
    2) Added option to split first and last name into 2 separate columns in export
    3) Added ability to re-export data that had previously been exported
    4) Added date range select ability so reports could be run based on a selected date range.
    5) Added ability to export on any order status or a pre-selected order status.

Misc. Changes to this version:
    1) Bug fix. Corrected comments bug that caused the comment field to split across multiple columns when apostrophe was present.
    2) Changed File layout option to radio field from checkboxes

You can download version 1.2.3 from

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=604

Upgrading from version 1.1.1 or higher:
    If upgrading from another version 1.1.1 or higher then all you need to do is copy all the included files over to your site as is and overwrite the current files. There are no database upgrades for this version if upgrading.

If you have made any customizations to your current version then you will want to merge those changes with this one and backup your files.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by econcepts; 30 Sep 2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added content
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your efforts! I hope to try this out in the coming weeks.

2) Added option to split first and last name into 2 separate columns in export
    I'm curious, how did you decide where to split the name? It's not stored separately in the database, how can you know where it should be split? First space? Last space? I know two-part first or last names should really be hyphenated, but not everyone does it that way. For example "Chang Ho Kim"?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post
    I'm curious, how did you decide where to split the name? It's not stored separately in the database, how can you know where it should be split? First space? Last space? I know two-part first or last names should really be hyphenated, but not everyone does it that way. For example "Chang Ho Kim"?
    Split using a standard "string split" PHP function altered a bit to take into account first name, middle, last name. Splits based on a "blank space" between the parts of a name.

If a name is not hypenated correctly then it will see the first part as the first name and the middle part as the middle name (not part of the first name). You can't assume that the two are actually part of the first name unfortunately.
    Last edited by econcepts; 30 Sep 2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added clarification
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Split using a standard "string split" PHP function altered a bit to take into account first name, middle, last name. Splits based on a "blank space" between the parts of a name.

If a name is not hypenated correctly then it will see the first part as the first name and the middle part as the middle name (not part of the first name). You can't assume that the two are actually part of the first name unfortunately.
    I should just test this when I get it installed, but I don't quite understand yet.

You split the example three names into first, middle, and last. Do you then eliminate the middle name in the export when the name is split into first and last columns for export?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post
    I should just test this when I get it installed, but I don't quite understand yet.

You split the example three names into first, middle, and last. Do you then eliminate the middle name in the export when the name is split into first and last columns for export?
    That is correct. That is how it should work.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

I'm running v1.3.7. I just installed this mod and I'm having trouble getting it to work. It displays the first 20 orders placed, but there is no export button. I double checked in phpmyadmin and the changes to the database were made. I tried resetting the orders downloaded to "no" and this didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    -------------------------
    Dichroic Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lisk View Post
    I'm running v1.3.7. I just installed this mod and I'm having trouble getting it to work. It displays the first 20 orders placed, but there is no export button. I double checked in phpmyadmin and the changes to the database were made. I tried resetting the orders downloaded to "no" and this didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Two questions:

1) Did previous versions work?

2) Can you look at the information provided for order #21 (the one it fails on) and see if it is missing delivery information (no shipping address) or the comments have some weird characters in it?

I thought I covered the comments issue, but may have missed something. I have heard as well (even with previous versions) that when a record has NO shipping address information (maybe it is a "virtual / download" type product) that you might see no orders export. Not usually what you are seeing, but it is worth checking.

If it turns out to be the "comment" issue mentioned above, you could edit the comments for the order having the problem and see if that helps.

Let me know what you find out.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

This is the first time I have installed the mod, so I don't know if previous versions worked. Should I install an older version?

Order #21 does have a shipping address and it does not have any comments. I compared it to order #20 and there do not seem to be any differences.
    -------------------------
    Dichroic Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lisk View Post
    This is the first time I have installed the mod, so I don't know if previous versions worked. Should I install an older version?

Order #21 does have a shipping address and it does not have any comments. I compared it to order #20 and there do not seem to be any differences.
    No, don't install an older version. I was just asking to see if it was an issue with the new version (I have not heard any reports of any).

Can you get me a link to the screenshot of what you are seeing? SO I can determine if the page is ending pre-maturely or having some other issue?
    Eric

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast