Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Manufactures "All" Page

Has anyone ever created a page that lists all the manufacturers? What I am wanting to do here is have link to a page - we'll call it "Brands Showcase" I basically want to pull the list of manufacturers from the db and list them either by name or available image, basically in a grid like format, each link/image clickable to list the products by that manufacturer much like the link does in the side box.

The other thing I'm thinking.. is currently when you do click the link for the manufacturer, the Mfg's name is listed as the header. I'd like to figure a way to create a header much like a category - with the mfg's logo and a description box.

If anyone has any ideas or helpful starting points on creating these two mods.... I would sure be appreciative.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Manufactures "All" Page

Yes it's a good ID somethink like all products link but with the manufacturers
    with all logo's and website + link to the products

somethink that google like !!!

Regards
    Zen cart or nothing !!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufactures "All" Page

Ok, now if we could generate a little interest... maybe I could get some good ideas of where to start on this one. I'm really open to some suggestions.

I could of course create a hard coded page, but that is such a hassle to maintain... I would really like to do something that as you add your mfg. in the admin, you could add a thumbnail lets say 100x100 so all is in a nice layout (not for mfg info) - place holder with name only if no pic available - this is a clickable image to the mfg page -

Mfg. page could be just like a categories page displaying the subcategories as images, with nice text area for description. I'll look at that layout and see how hard it would be just to rewrite the calls to the db.

Anyone with code "laying" around that might shorten my task... would be really helpful

Plugin Contributions

OK, I can probably figure out how to do this pretty easily...
    But you could always make a Category called "Brands Showcase"
    and then make a sub cat for each Manufacturer and use their logo as the category image. Then you'd simply link the products into the corresponding manuf. category.

I understand that's the easy way out, but it might actually be faster than programming it.

If you'd prefer to do it the other way I can try to work on it tonight.

Plugin Contributions

The problem is that is going to show up in the category menu, which I want to have a separate link - I have massive categories in the shops that I'm going to need this for so I don't want to create a new issue for myself in trying to hide a category.

Wow... that is way more than I expected.... anything you could help with I would be soooooooo appreciative.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Manufactures "All" Page

Hello,

If you will you can start from a contrib it's manufacturer about (build for ZC 1.2.7 but work with 1.3.7) I propose to put a hyperlink on the sidebox title

(multilingual compatible)

maybe usefull

regards

chris
    Last edited by Kim; 15 Aug 2011 at 01:37 AM.
    Zen cart or nothing !!

Plugin Contributions

What I am doing right now on a site I am building is using EZ Pages to build a page for each manufacturer. Then I am making an EZ Page called "Manufacturers" and adding links to all the manufacturers pages I created. If that makes sense. It's the only way I could see to do it.

Plugin Contributions

This is definitely something I have been needing for a loooong time! I d/l the manufacturers about mod, but it's not showing things how I need.
    Last edited by khopek; 15 Nov 2007 at 01:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I am stuck making a static page as well. Lots of work to get a banner, website, myspace, link to products, and info about the brand, but it is the only solution for me for now. I think it'll be worth it though

Plugin Contributions

I was looking for a similar contribution. There is an osC contrib that does exactly this and it's a pretty important feature on our site. Since I am migrating to Zen for our main site I really need this so I figured I'd go ahead and write it. I need to finish up formating the page, but I am just about done with a full contribution complete with admin config. Give me a couple of days to finish it up and I'll post once it's been submitted.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast