Plugin Contributions

help question Change Email Subject of Status Update Messages e.g. Order Update XXXX

Hi Zenners,

Whenever I update an orders status I tick a checkbox to insert a certain comment
    The EMAIL SUBJECT is always "Order Update XXXX"

Is there any way to change this subject, such as what if I want it to say "Order XXXX Shipped" or "invoice and testimonial" depending on what messages I am sending through the system?

cheers,
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/

Default Re: Change Email Subject of Status Update Messages e.g. Order Update XXXX

I, too, would like to know if anyone knows of a way to do this?

I'd like my order status email subjects to be able to show:

Order #----- Shipped

Order #----- Canceled

etc.

according to the status I assign them in admin.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Email Subject of Status Update Messages e.g. Order Update XXXX

Hi

You can browse the admin/orders.php and change the following code (line number 124) from

zen_mail($check_status->fields['customers_name'], $check_status->fields['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $oID, $message, STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'order_status');

to

zen_mail($check_status->fields['customers_name'], $check_status->fields['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $oID . 'order_status', $message, STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'order_status');

Please have the backup of the file getting edited.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried the code you suggested:

zen_mail($check_status->fields['customers_name'], $check_status->fields['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $oID . 'order_status', $message, STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'order_status');
    but it makes the subject look like this:

Order Update #10192order_status
    I am using Fast and Easy checkout by Numinex which comes with an order.php, but that part of the code is the same as your original.

Thanks!

OK, I've figured it out (after a lot of lol)

For anyone who is trying to do the same thing --

Instead of:

'order_status'

as suggested by Balaji, I plucked the New Order Status bit from the body of the Order Status Email part of order.php:

$html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_NEW_STATUS']

So the final code that changes the order status email subject to read:

Order #xxxxx Shipped

zen_mail($check_status->fields['customers_name'], $check_status->fields['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $oID . ' ' . $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_NEW_STATUS'], $message, STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'order_status');
    But if not for pointing me toward order.php, I couldn't have figured this out, so thanks, Balaji.