Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page 404 Error on Currency Selection

Quote Originally Posted by blag View Post
    So, if we abandon the .net redirect, and set the configure files to point at ho-hose.co.uk/store, and we point the browser to the index.php file in the store subdirectory, would it be reasonable to expect the store to work
    Yes, i think abandoning the .net redirect would be smart ... otherwise you don't really have a 'test' area ... you're sharing the same store on both domains, and causing yourself unnecessary grief.

ho-hose.net is not my primary domian. ho-hose.co.uk is supposed to be my primary domain for my current non-ZC domain. This domain's files live in the root folder on the host.
    ho-hose.net is a domain that I use for my ZC stor testing purposes, and it lives in a subdirectory on the host server.
    So, I think you're saying this:
    a) .net = /public_html/store
    and
    b) .co.uk = /public_html/

Is that correct?

If so, then your /public_html/includes/configure.php needs to talk about the .co.uk domain
    and the /public_html/store/includes/configure.php needs to talk about the .net domain

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

if you type www.ho-hose.co.uk/store/ (i.e without the index.php) a page 404 error is generated?
    I suspect that's an error in the rewrite rules or your redirect configuration ... it seems to be displaying an old store's content when you do that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So, I think you're saying this:
    a) .net = /public_html/store
    and
    b) .co.uk = /public_html/

Is that correct?
    This is absolutely correct.

The .co.uk domain is a NON-ZC store and doesn't use any form of databse, uses CSS, html amd some javascript for its functionality, and although it looks similar, to the zc store whose domain is .net, it was built by me from scratch. The intention is for the new ZC store (currently on .net or .co.uk/store/) will replace the old non-ZC version, bcause updating etc is so long-winded.

There should be no cross-referencing of data from one store to the other, because they are designed to work independently, and the store subdirectory was oreviously working in the subdirectory on another host - but I don't know whether this problem existed therein. I have asked my current host to set the redirect to .net up in a different way, if they can, and, hopefully, this might help/fix.

The store configure file does talk about the .net domain - I included it previously.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Page 404 Error on Currency Selection

Dr Byte

I finally got the reconfigured the domain redirect by amending the domain to an 'Add-on Domain' from a 'Parked Domain'. At last the currencies dropdown works, but, unfortunately, selecting 'Home' in the top right hand gives an error 404 (Page Not Found).

Many, many thanks for all your sleuthing: it was invaluable in helping me track down the source of my problems!!

BTW I don't suppose that you know of a fix for this new problem? Whilst I wait for any response from you, I'll scour the forums (which, as many users will testify, can take hours) to see if this is a common problem to which there is a known solution.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte

I finally got the reconfigured the domain redirect by amending the domain to an 'Add-on Domain' from a 'Parked Domain'. At last the currencies dropdown works, but, unfortunately, selecting 'Home' in the top right hand gives an error 404 (Page Not Found).

Many, many thanks for all your sleuthing: it was invaluable in helping me track down the source of my problems!!

BTW I don't suppose that you know of a fix for this new problem? Whilst I wait for any response from you, I'll scour the forums (which, as many users will testify, can take hours) to see if this is a common problem to which there is a known solution.
    Dr Byte

I fixed the problem: my .htaccess didn't define the index file!!!

DUHHHH!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234