Thread: *Local Install*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default *Local Install*

I want to install the zen cart on my computer. I don't have any servers or anything, just my computer. Is that possible? If so, how?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: *Local Install*

You can, but only for testing purpose. You cant run a live site from your own server (because of the connection limit, unless you get a highspeed line from ISP)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I already have it installed on my host site but I want to also have a copy on my computer so that I can more easily modify my css and other site files. It's a little bit of a pain to make all changes while the site is live

Plugin Contributions

You can google for xampp, which is a package including apache server, php, mysql, then you can install zencart on your own localhost (on your computer)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The XAMPP setup process is also documented in the e-Start Your Web Store With Zen Cart book :)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

In the zc install doc is says to install to local host this will be http://localhost/{zen-cart-directory}/zc_install/
    I am confused as to what exactly this is refering to. I have installed xampp and then I tried to open a browser like it says and open the zc install but it gives me an error saying...

"Error Object not Found"

Do I need to have the zen cart folder in a particular place in my computer like inside the xampp folder or something?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On page 46 of the eStart Your Web Store With Zen Cart manual, available in hardcopy or ebook form, it explains that you should put your Zen Cart files in the <xampp-home>/htdocs directory on your computer.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for the novice questions and appreciate your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Since I do not have a copy of the e-book is there other documentation on how to do this?

Plugin Contributions

When it says http://localhost/{zen-cart-directory}/zc_install/ does the portion inside the perenthises refer to the local address of the zen cart folder or the folder one level up from the zc_install folder? And would I need to include the drive and all folders up to the zc_install.
    (i.e. localhost/h:/biz/xampp/htdocs/zen_cart/zc_install)
    Last edited by oxymoronz; 3 Oct 2007 at 09:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast